What's new

RDTA dual coil for dna250c 3d printed mod

dansharpy

Hi all, just after some advice! I've just got my first dna250c board and made the mod using my own design for the enclosure. All working perfectly and loving the dna board! I'm after some advice on a good rdta to use for dual coil builds. Currently using a wotofo profile rdta but having hit and miss results with unstable resistance readings and the mesh clamps seem to short sometimes! I'm after something with a easy to build deck for dual coils (preferably fairly large as I'm using nife30 so quite a few wraps), big liquid capacity, leakproof(?!) and good flavour! Any recommendations? TIA

Attachments

• 20210416_150747.jpg
    20210416_150747.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20210416_150837.jpg
    20210416_150837.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 82
There's not that many to pick from really, one of the more recent ones is the Tauren Max RDTA, ticks all of those boxes & is a nice bit of kit, worth looking into

There's not that many to pick from really, one of the more recent ones is the Tauren Max RDTA, ticks all of those boxes & is a nice bit of kit, worth looking into

Thanks for the reply.
I had looked at that one but wondered if that y deck was a pain to build on! I'll check out some YouTube reviews if you reckon it's decent, cheers

Hi and welcome :D

Nice job on the mod, look's alright.

Cheers, not the most perfect print as I was having a few troubles with the printer at the time! Design isnt the most aesthetically pleasing either but it does the job!

I had similar issues with the profile rdta. You have to really, really tighten down the deck and tank section (this was on a dna250c mod, hence mentioning it).

other alternatives:

brunhilde top Coiler
Aromamizer v3 (although not a deck over tank design).

Thanks for the reply.
I had looked at that one but wondered if that y deck was a pain to build on! I'll check out some YouTube reviews if you reckon it's decent, cheers

It's real easy, just make sure the coils are in the Y enough not short on the top cap

I had similar issues with the profile rdta. You have to really, really tighten down the deck and tank section (this was on a dna250c mod, hence mentioning it).

other alternatives:

brunhilde top Coiler
Aromamizer v3 (although not a deck over tank design).

Yes, seems to be rather a fickle beast!!

It's real easy, just make sure the coils are in the Y enough not short on the top cap

Watched a quick build video earlier and does look easier than I expected, thinking this might be the one for me! Cheers for the recommendation

Thanks JonnyAce for the recommendation of the Tauren Max. Came yesterday and made some SV NiFe30 clapton wire, vaping really nice and not too bad to build on

Back
Top Bottom