What's new

Rda hater?

Mario1985

Postman
I own lots of rdas( Druga, Goon, Obs Cheetah, Snapdragon, Coil Art Mage, Tsunami, Musketeer, Zenith) and few other that I can't remember but for some reason I really don't get much flavour as I get from rtas like Ammit Dual, Griffin 25 plus, Obs Engine, Ammit 25, Goblin mini. Lots of people are saying that rdas offer more flavor but for me it's a huge difference between a rta and rda. Usually I use "exotic" coils between 0.1-0.2 ohms. I just wonder if it's just me or other people feel the same?:hmm:

It's a big deck and chamber compared to a tank and the airflow over the coil isn't usually as direct as it is a tank., it's counter intuitive to me for what creates a good vape with most RDA's but they work for some people, so all I would say is use which ever you prefer and if they don't work for you don't keep buying them. ;)

I agree to a point. It may have been true in the past, but RTAs have improved greatly and are now on a par, but it's a subjective thing and with no real benchmarks we don't know what anybody actually means by "great flavour".

The whole flavour fetitishm thing gets on my tits a bit, some vapers are worse than pretentious foodies when it comes to obsessing about tiny, barely distinguishable differences in flavour. But I don't go around London looking for the very best organic shitake mushrooms because I just don't care enough.

I do think there is a perceivable difference when inhaling vapour so close to the coils, and most tanks don't allow this in the same way, but for I prefer the flavour from RDAs mainly because I shove huge coils with loads of surface area in them and vaporise several ml of juice per minute, it's inevitable that I'm going to get stronger flavour than with most tanks purely due to quality of vapour.

I felt the same, and still feel the difference is much smaller than it has been, tanks have come a long way.

Where RDAs excel is that they allow you to crank up the watts as they don't have the restrictions of wicking to worry about, and the big deck space means lots of room for sexy builds. I find that like-for-like build and wattage, the flavour difference is negligible between a good tank and a good RDA. But I don't vape my RDAs the way I vape a tank :-)

I didn't really 'get' RDAs until I got my Recoil. Now it's what I use all day at home at my desk. If I'm going out and about, I use a RTA (obs Engine if you were curious).

Where RDAs excel is that they allow you to crank up the watts as they don't have the restrictions of wicking to worry about.

I vape my RTAs at a higher wattage than my RDAs, using the same coils.

Yep, the only difference I recognise between rda/rta is I have to tune how i draw cause of my mtl preference. Slowly slowly catchy monkey on my strike 18 and Narda And ' come on, I ain't got all day' I say to my kayfun lite, as for flavour thankfully they both taste the same but my strike 18 technique provides for a richer sense of vapour in my mouth. Cause I'm drawing it slower. I would not get the same sensation inhaling the same style with my of lite. It would feel empty. I will call this mouth wattage :)

RDAs completely revolutionised my vaping experience. I found that the flavour hit a new height and due to the fact they are very customisable, I was able to tweak for my preference.

I don't have a vast array of RDAs or tanks either. What I do have is a stockpile of what I believe to be great, hand built coils that not only look beautiful but are a pleasure to build with and produce get vapour.

Back
Top Bottom