What's new

rba coil building

Magicsam87

Hi
I'm not the most advanced builder but I have got a tfv8 and have been using the rba on it because I can vape happily at around 80 watts and not completely rinse my batteries compared to the stock coils. I started with the wire that came with the rba and was getting over half a week without having to re wick again but I then thought I would try building my own and bought some demon killer fused clapton coils which I have been getting about a day at most and then getting a burnt harsh vape. I pull the cotton out and it turns slightly black, I really just want the old coils back in there that came with the bra as I wasn' getting any problems until I decided to rebuild. What am I doing wrong? Ive been checking for hot spots and can' generally see any after a bit of tweaking but I'm not getting the same usage as I was. Any suggestions?

Hi. I too am having this same issue.

I have 2x TFV8 tanks and 3 RBA decks (I've misplaced my gold TFV8 tank). I've been using 2 RBA's with the preinstalled coils that perform wonderfully at 80 watts producing great flavour and vapour with zero dry hits. I haven't rewicked any of mine yet (I've been using one for 3 weeks now and the other for around 2 weeks.

I bought a pack of the Demon Killer 8 in 1 pre made coil packs and a couple of Cigpet RTA decks to use in my SMOK TFV12 and Cigpet Eco 12 tanks. I've done a few builds now with these Demon Killer coils and they just aren't performing as I'd expect. The flavours are very muted to non existent. They also deliver a burnt taste when upping the watts to around 70. So far from the pack I've tried:
2x 0.85ohm Clapton
2x 0.50ohm Hive
2x 0.45ohm Fused Clapton (currently in use in my SMOK TFV12 at 55 watts - hardly any flavour from the liquid despite the cotton being completely saturated in liquid)
2x 0.36ohm Quad (currently in use in my Cigpet Eco 12 tank at 60 watts - same results as above. Tried 70 watts and got burnt taste)

What are we doing wrong? The guy in the vape shop recommended them to me as I'd never made my own before and said it was a great kit to find the right wire that works for me, which hasn't happened yet.

Hi. I too am having this same issue.

I have 2x TFV8 tanks and 3 RBA decks (I've misplaced my gold TFV8 tank). I've been using 2 RBA's with the preinstalled coils that perform wonderfully at 80 watts producing great flavour and vapour with zero dry hits. I haven't rewicked any of mine yet (I've been using one for 3 weeks now and the other for around 2 weeks.

I bought a pack of the Demon Killer 8 in 1 pre made coil packs and a couple of Cigpet RTA decks to use in my SMOK TFV12 and Cigpet Eco 12 tanks. I've done a few builds now with these Demon Killer coils and they just aren't performing as I'd expect. The flavours are very muted to non existent. They also deliver a burnt taste when upping the watts to around 70. So far from the pack I've tried:
2x 0.85ohm Clapton
2x 0.50ohm Hive
2x 0.45ohm Fused Clapton (currently in use in my SMOK TFV12 at 55 watts - hardly any flavour from the liquid despite the cotton being completely saturated in liquid)
2x 0.36ohm Quad (currently in use in my Cigpet Eco 12 tank at 60 watts - same results as above. Tried 70 watts and got burnt taste)

What are we doing wrong? The guy in the vape shop recommended them to me as I'd never made my own before and said it was a great kit to find the right wire that works for me, which hasn't happened yet.
It's taken me a while to figure out and It might not be what you have had but using the tfv8 rba it' vital you get your dual coils to glow evenly, this needs to be done by making sure the coils are exactly the same length, try spacing your coils too so with prebuilt coils pull them apart a little and the squeeze the coil at both ends back together. I've searched for a while and I've found not alot on dual coil guides that actually delve in deep enough for begginiers they all say just scrape the top a bit and wiggle the coils. The coils need to be as identical in shape and legs from the posts as you can get it then it' just tweaking and whiggling them to glow from the middle out both evenly from there.

Ok my last update was incorrect the problem I had with my coils actually turned out to be not using enough cotton in my coil. I thought I would post it on here because I found nothing online pointing me to this. For the last 4 months my coils have been perfectly fine. The coils dont have to be exact my last post was bs it was all to do with not enough cotton. So for anyone out there struggling with this problem use more cotton.

i am also having this problem i have put cotton through my coils not too tight and not too loose i thought i used the right amount as i have no sign of leaking...but flavour just dont seem to be there..i made my own coils using kanthal a1 and cant vape any higher than 50 watt otherwise i get burnt taste..its starting to do my nut in lol

i am also having this problem i have put cotton through my coils not too tight and not too loose i thought i used the right amount as i have no sign of leaking...but flavour just dont seem to be there..i made my own coils using kanthal a1 and cant vape any higher than 50 watt otherwise i get burnt taste..its starting to do my nut in lol
Ok sounds like too much cotton and maybe coil placement so got a pic? [emoji5]

Ok sounds like too much cotton and maybe coil placement so got a pic? [emoji5]
hi matty thanks here are some pics
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0086.JPG

not the best build its my second attempt
Great second attempt [emoji5] but build it again fuck build it 50 times over for practice and you will master it, start by wrapping your coils as contact coils then with your nails on either side gently stretch your coil out and it will keep the distance between the wraps even then use slightly less cotton [emoji5]

Back
Top Bottom