What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rate my set up?

WNT

Initiate
Hi,

Just bought 28awg kanthal wire today and made twisted wire out of it. Built dual coils spaced (2.5mm inner diameter, 7 wraps) on Troll V2 on istick pico with airflow almost half open. Mod reads 0.44 ohm, firing at 45w.

[Result]
Vapor production: Quite impressive. Big thick cloud.
Flavor: Mehhhhhhh... Rather muted. Probably because of the roomy chamber of the troll.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions for improvement? Tweak for better flavor?

PS: Liquid - Twelve Monkeys Tropika 3mg (90 VG/10 PG)

Cheers!

IMG_20170615_002708.jpg IMG_20170615_001044.jpg

Last edited:
It's always difficult finding the right build for massive RTA chambers, but RDAs are easier in my experience.

You could turn the heat up, that build should be able to take 60 - 80 watts.

Try varying the height of the coils - I'm not convinced that having the airflow directly on the coil necessarily improves flavour.

SS wire will improve things, particularly Aliens or Claptons, and good cotton such as Kendo Gold, Shake and Vape or Fuzion, if you're not already using it.

It's always difficult finding the right build for massive RTA chambers, but RDAs are easier in my experience.

You could turn the heat up, that build should be able to take 60 - 80 watts.

Try varying the height of the coils - I'm not convinced that having the airflow directly on the coil necessarily improves flavour.

SS wire will improve things, particularly Aliens or Claptons, and good cotton such as Kendo Gold, Shake and Vape or Fuzion, if you're not already using it.

Thanks Ment! I tried with 60w and the flavor is now better, a bit warmer vape.
I positioned my coils a bit high already, so the air is (or supposed to be) passing under and up.
I will definitely try with fancier builds, but I think I will need a dual battery mod to cover that just to be on a safe side.
For the Pico, I'm considering single coil flavor rdas like Hadaly or Narda.

Am I on the right track?

I got the Troll because it was accessible to me, and of course because of the price. It's my first rda.
Still cannot find Hadaly/Narda in any shops around me though.

IMG_20170615_102041.jpg

Last edited:
You're definitely on the right track, looking to learn with experience rather than looking for instant solutions.

If you enjoy fiddling then just keep experimenting, that's half the fun.

You're unlikely to find those RDAs in a shop, your best bet would be clones from China.

[Update]

Went out looking for a dual-battery mod.
Was considering Wismec RX2/3 and Smok Alien but read some negative comments about them and was not so sure.
By chance saw Asmodus Minikin 2 in a shop, very nice finish and feel in hand.
Did some online research and slept over it for a night and finally decided to go with the Minikin.

Then I was just casually looking at Smok Big Baby tank in rainbow thinking it would look nice with the Minikin.
The staff at the shop then told me he had something better if I wanted to see something dope!
He showed me Vandy Vape Kylin in rainbow. HOLY MOLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was not aware of the existence of this tank before but my impulsive purchase kicked in.
I just couldn't resist the color.

So... here they are! What a beautiful deck!
Now running single twisted coil (which come with Troll V2) 0.5 ohm at 35w (sorry, I forgot to take a photo of the build).
Juice flow half open, smallest airflow (a bit restricted)
Flavorgasm!!!

Next build will be dual-coil, it's going to hit ever harder and more flavorful.
However, it's a very thirsty RTA, 2ml gone in no time. But I don't mind that because it's my @Home device.
The tank comes with a 6ml glass though for those who don't want to refill often.

So far extremely happy with this set up and going to play around with it a lot.
The Hadaly is still nowhere to be found though........................

IMG_20170617_151041 (2).jpg

IMG_20170617_155512.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom