What's new

Questions about resistance and vapour production.

MightyMouth

Postman
Hey all,

Just a quick one, If I want more vapour with less chance of burnt flavours do I want more resistance or less?

Ta

Well I am going to attempt to answer this myself and see if anyone corrects me. I think lower ohms will result in more vapour and more chance of burning so what I really need is dual coil at low ohms and low voltage to get better vapour and no burning. Incidentally the reason I ask is I have made some e-liquid with Mom and Pop flavourings and while it tastes great at lower watts/volt I cant get enough vapour and at higher power I get burnt tastes from it. My other juices are fine in the same coil so it has to be something to do with the flavouring. I suspect they make this flavouring by steeping organic material like flowers or something. It is very particulate, clogs up a coil fast and is it cloudy and I think it is the organic material that is burning.

All in all, what makes vapour is the power / watts. So, either use less resistance or more voltage, as the wattage increases when you do this. To avoid burnt taste, you have to make sure, that your coil does not overheat, and that your wicking is good.

If your coil doesnt have contact with the juice, burnt taste. (Hot spot) If you increase the power too much and the wick cant deliver fast enough, burnt taste. If you turn up so high that the coil will glow no matter what, burnt taste.

I've dual coiled my AGA-T2 with .17 kanthal, resistance is 1.4 ohms and it is pretty good. Still not enough vapour for me but getting better, my wicking still isn't great so I cant turn it up past 6 watts but it is acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom