What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

PYREX wick??

K

KulrMeStoopid

this guy is insane!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks 'interesting' and would solve the burnt taste and make it so much easier to change the wick, the coils stay almost new and shouldn't degrade. I think it could change things but I do love instant vape rather that waiting for several seconds for the glass to preheat or having to chain vape to keep the coil hot. They also have to have the air hole at 90 degrees to the wick otherwise the wick cools down. I'm hoping it is as positive as it sounds.

this guy is insane!

Or a genius..
Thanks for posting this, mostly interesting.
He uses 635 mesh, which in theory should wick like hell, I wonder how it behaves with full vg.
5 pipes 1,2m each are under $25, they would need cutting though, but admitting 5cm or less wick lenght, it would be around 120 sleeves, 20 cent each.
If they last, it would be a good price.
Just, they say they fire cure the extremities of the pipes, so it's not just about cutting

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire curing the extremeties or the ends of the pipe is relatively easy with a decent blowtorch it's only rounding and sealing the cut glass ends

Not sealing surely.

Those videos could turn out to be a very important moment in vaping history.

Think I'll leave them to play with it for a while. Eventually someone will perfect it. Best pyrex tubing, best mesh etc and then i'll happily take all the benefits of their hard work.

Not sealing surely.

Those videos could turn out to be a very important moment in vaping history.

Think I'll leave them to play with it for a while. Eventually someone will perfect it. Best pyrex tubing, best mesh etc and then i'll happily take all the benefits of their hard work.

Sealing the cut edge not the hole up the middle

Fire curing the extremeties or the ends of the pipe is relatively easy with a decent blowtorch it's only rounding and sealing the cut glass ends

True.
Still, being a solution aimed at reducing the hassle of using oxidised mesh, an upgrade from a chef torch to a good blow torch (edited: I had written food blowtorch:) might put off some people :)
I'll keep my eyes peeled for developments though, I am sure quite a few people will follow on.

Last edited:
This sounds very interesting. I'll be watching this progress with much enthusiasm.

Looks like a good idea, so the wick is drawing the juice over the top of the pyrex, or is it heating it on the inside through the glass?

The SS wick inside the pyrex tube is drawing the juice up into the coil wrapped pyrex which is heating the glass enough to vapourize the juice :D

Back
Top Bottom