What's new

Premade coils

TheLiqidator

Achiever
Morning all, I've not been on here in a while. Maybe a year.

Anyway, at the beginning of the lockdown I was ordering some stuff and thought I'd stick a box of premade coils on to an order on the off chance I couldn't get coils. I stopped using RDAs about a year and a half ago out of sheer laziness.

Never had an issue with coils but I was sorting bits out yesterday and found a couple of RDAs and the box of coils so decided to give them a try.

Set up a few on an old twisted messes v2, dead rabbit and a delirium v2. All just set up with muji and all 3 have been excellent.

Am I just so used to stock coils that anything seems better or have premade just got better? I cant remember what I paid but they were on offer and less than £10.00 for 42 so I wasnt expecting much. They were an impulse buy back when people were fighting over toilet roll that were meant for an emergency if there was one but I think I'll be sticking to these for a good while.

Attachments

• 7in1-pack-pre-built-coils-coilology.png
    7in1-pack-pre-built-coils-coilology.png
    206.6 KB · Views: 85
RDA to sub ohm tank no comparison but the Coilology coils are pretty good for chinese pre made coils.

I was thinking it was just going back to rdas after using stock coils for so long again but for what were cheap coils I added in as an extra in case I was in a pinch, I'm pretty impressed with them. The ones I've tried so far were the fused Clapton, tricore fused Clapton and framed staples. All great on flavour, I've definitely had better but still quite happy with them.

RDA`s over stock coil tanks all day long :2thumbsup: might be worth sending @Smut a pm if you are sticking tyo RDA`s now bud his coils are excellent

I might do that, I'll stick to them again for a while. Going to dig out my rtas later too for when we're back to going out more. I have a couple in little glass jars somewhere, sure they were from "the coil doctor". Cant remember how I ordered them though but the ones I used before were excellent.

That's the box I've got. I'm currently using the 0.3ohm framed staples out of that box and I really like them.

The precision processes that the likes of Coilogy et all use to wrap two cores of wire with even more wires I just don't think I could ever make anything as good by myself so personally that's why I prefer to stick with those. Of course, getting a reputable brand is always important, so I'm usually guided by the experience of people who've been using them.

My Blottos are my first RBA's so I'm no coil building expert but I'm very pleased with the vape I'm getting and will probably stick with them as I think I'd be hard pushed to make anything better.

The amount of flavour compared to a stock coil tank, even something like the Mesh Pro, is simply in a different universe and has made my Mesh Pro redundant.

That's what's in my dead rabbit just now, really liking that. I got a bit lazy and just bought a load of easy and more convenient stuff because I was spending too much time building coils, mixing recipes and bought a couple of tanks and switched to buying the easy DIY kits.

These are easy enough to change back to using without going back to spending much time. Beginning to think I was just unlucky with the premade ones I tried a few years ago.

Beginning to think I was just unlucky with the premade ones I tried a few years ago.

I think it's probably more to do with the fact that the speed vape gear keeps on advancing, manufacturers are getting better and better so the coils they make now are pobably far superior to what was available back then.

I found the same with mixing DIY ejuice. I bought some VG base about 5 years ago and it was disgusting and put my off the idea until the start of this year when I decided to give it another go. The bases now are so much better, there's no comparisom.

I always used Lucemill for my VG, that was always pretty decent. I mainly just order it all as kits these days. I use mtl pods when I'm out so had went back to using 50/50 so I just get the pg separate and use the vg that comes with the kits I order.

Back
Top Bottom