What's new

Porous Ceraminc Wicks for your Genesis Atomisers

At the price of the pre made ones it's a no go for me. Is it worth the hassle and the fragility of the stuff when we have a very very good wicking materiel with mesh?

It would be wiser to look into making wick easier to oxidise. I have given a salt water soak a go, quenching it in salt water then cleaning it before the liquid burn which was promising.

At the price of the pre made ones it's a no go for me. Is it worth the hassle and the fragility of the stuff when we have a very very good wicking materiel with mesh?

It would be wiser to look into making wick easier to oxidise. I have given a salt water soak a go, quenching it in salt water then cleaning it before the liquid burn which was promising.

That sound interesting rob, my worry tho (and I suspect all the salt heads on here will agree) is we have seen first hand the corrosion and damage salt water can do to even the best stainless steel ... In short time ...

What would be better would be some kind of easily applied non conductive neutral coating

What would be better would be some kind of easily applied non conductive neutral coating

A mate thought heat shrink would do, but it wouldn't wick on the outside and it might shrink when it gets hot.
Heatshrink witth holes?
One vendor sells tubes to put your wick in but I think you get a similar taste and vape on a top-class rebuildable that you'd get on a clearo .. or maybe a carto.

That sound interesting rob, my worry tho (and I suspect all the salt heads on here will agree) is we have seen first hand the corrosion and damage salt water can do to even the best stainless steel ... In short time ...

yip

A mate thought heat shrink would do, but it wouldn't wick on the outside and it might shrink when it gets hot.
Heatshrink witth holes?
One vendor sells tubes to put your wick in but I think you get a similar taste and vape on a top-class rebuildable that you'd get on a clearo .. or maybe a carto.
Heat shrink is plastic it will melt

Heat shrink is plastic it will melt

I know. That's why I told him I didn't think it was a good idea. But what is the melting point?
It gets hot and shrinks and it has sticky stuff in it so it sticks to wire, but there was a suggestion that ovenproof clingfilm could be used to insulate the wick hole because it wouldn't melt at that temp.

Polypropylene melts at about 180c heat shrink maybe 240ish I think
Heat shrink doesn't have anything inside it it's just plastic tube that gets smaller when heated

Last edited:
they are mate just been reading the thread, quiet a few have done it, takes time to make one though mate. page 70 some put a link up to a place in sheffield
http://www.tech-ceramics.co.uk/OPCP.htm too tired to look lol

This sounds interesting, but inhaling the stuff. No idea...

Miniaturised porous ceramic tubes (e.g. 0.5mm ID/2mmOD) for wet chemical, gas diffusing and special filtration.

Back
Top Bottom