POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Porous Ceraminc Wicks for your Genesis Atomisers

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by VapeMeStoopid, Jan 5, 2013.

1. jimsie33

jimsie33 Postman

After first seeing this its got me thinking. Sure I've seen a ceramic tube somewhere but can't think where I've seen it! I can see it in my head it's sort of a pinky ceramic colour, think it might have been on an ignition coil. If it comes to me and it is the right sort of size I'll let you know :)

Cheers @ZT, sorry thought you were into salties. Not sounding good if it has resin in.

2. Carlos

Carlos Achiever

fish heads PMSL

• Like Like x 1
  3. AndyM

AndyM Postman

I'm afraid it ain't that easy too drill a hole in a stone you'd need to find a diamond core drill as its basically an abrasive and will just wear a steel tube away you can get little diamond core drills for drilling tiles these would prolly do it but you wouldn't get the length
    Personally I think grinding them would be the best bet but itll be a slow dirty job these stones will be so brittle as you get down to a 2-3mm diameter I cannot see it being feasable cheers Andy

4. ZT

ZT Super Moderator Staff Member

I am into salties :) ... But we dont use air stones much .. unless its for mixing salt water (tho I use a powerhead) or in REALLY cheap skimmers ... which I dont use anyway!

5. ZT

Its gotta be possible to come up with a ceramic wick thats safe one way or another .. I for one am sick and tired of trying to convince Steel its not conductive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZT

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carlos

Carlos Achiever

• Like Like x 1
  8. Carlos

Carlos Achiever

9. ZT

But are they just chopped out of air stones?

10. AnnaLaw

AnnaLaw Postman

Not cheap, don't know how long they last, but I have a wick that just decided to conduct again, the coil was 2R1 and now it's 0R2. So disconnect coil, hook out, quick oxidise, shove back in, gets soggy from juice and me trying to put a coil on it.
    I'm very new to the insulating steel combined with conducting steel thing. :)