What's new

Popping coils - argh!

I is now rocking a cotton cloud sitting on top of a twelvish wraps of .3 microcoil reading 2.2 ohms and being fed by a SS rod in the tank.

At 8W there's buckets of flavour its just a shame confusion over the low reading had me convinced I'd been and built a low ohm coil rather than having a flat battery. Still a fun Sunday morning activity and a mahoosive improvement on any standard working rod/mesh wick I've previously made on a gennie.

Plus, it's a doddle to set up...

Wrapped the coil on a screwdriver, closed the coils before taking it off. Torched the loops to retain its integrity before silver foiling the unpacked cotton Ball and rolling an end to thread into the wick.

The cloud began to take up juice but it was slow so I primed the cloud with Strawberry Lemonade too.

For anyone who fancies it, the entire job took no more than 5 minutes.

How do you know the coil was seated to high?

The buzz of leccy through your top lip.

cotton2.png

cotton1.png

Note the most useful aspect to the Vivi Nova...the metal piece from the plastic head cap acting as a washer for my home-made spring.

Also, I tried to clear a channel under and behind the coil to ensure decent airflow over the entire structure.

I could spend hours watching it heat from the inside out when dry too, very pretty. :D

Note the most useful aspect to the Vivi Nova...the metal piece from the plastic head cap acting as a washer for my home-made spring.

Also, I tried to clear a channel under and behind the coil to ensure decent airflow over the entire structure.

I could spend hours watching it heat from the inside out when dry too, very pretty. :D

Yeah there the most expensive washers you will find lol

I have loads of old heads that I've not chucked out, I'm not throwing them away even if I don't use them again

At 7 quid for 3 I'm taking them to my grave lol

Back
Top Bottom