What's new

Popping coils - argh!

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
On both my atties, both using mesh wicks, regardless of whether I'm using wire or ribbon, regardless of wire or ribbon size.

Suddenly a hot spot will appear at the top of the coil where it leads off to the +ve post. I'll spend hours shuffling the coil up and down or revolving the wick, and burning my thumb. And then as I get frustrated it will pop or, sometimes when I think it's solved, I'll be vaping as it pops.

I've tried locking it down by going with the rotation of the top screw on the +ve post and by going against it - neither seem to make any difference.

I need help before I smash something as I'm now like a doctor at the end of his shift...all out of patience. Heeeeeeeelp! :6::17:

Here are some pictures

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

...and here's two bunnies kissing

BunnyKisses.jpg

Oh, and the coil is loose on the mesh so that it can move up and down easily but tight enough that it will stay in place.

the solution i found for this is a Boge in a tank lol

Genny's just do my head in tbh

A couple of small washers in between the grub screws on the positive terminal should sort that out. It's a pig of a place for hotspots!

A couple of small washers in between the grub screws on the positive terminal should sort that out. It's a pig of a place for hotspots!

Is the RSST different with the spring and insulated hole n'all?

the solution i found for this is a Boge in a tank lol

Genny's just do my head in tbh

I refuse to be beaten.

I've been making coils on them before with no fuss, changed to ribbon and now I can't get the buggers to work with wire or ribbon. Grr.

Erm dunno (helpful wasn't it!). I just know I went through hell and back when I first got my aga-t cos try as hard as I could I couldn't get rid of the bloody hot spots there. I actually couldn't find the right sized washers but I know lots of folks solved their problem that way. I actually replaced the grub screws as they just didn't quite hold the wire tight enough. It seemed to do the job.

yes

easiest genny I have encountered so far by a big margin ... far easier than the aga's et al

still dont beat a quality silica atty tho :D for flavour etc

Back
Top Bottom