What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Please recommend me a dripper

Beauty of it is that if you don't like it, you'll only lose a tenner selling it on. I'm going to email them to see just how many v1 velocity decks they have, and how much they want for one? And a chuff cap.
Ahh so they actually have those decks do they, I couldn't see them on their web site (which is a bit shoddy it has to be said !) and that picture that was posted earlier looks like a 3D render to me, so I assumed it was still pre production.
Not that it matters, I'll give the cutout post things a go before I worry about swapping out the deck !
Maybe look into changing it over later on.
Cheers stevoknevo :)

I love the fact that a few months ago the Velocity was the best thing since sliced bread, now it's derided as lacking flavour, too airy etc. So fickle!!
I'm counting the days until the Snapdragon joins it.

Woaaah, hold on! Each to their own and all that. I bought the velocity a while back based on the rave reviews, I didn't like it for the above reasons. I wouldn't call that fickle, it's personal preference. I'm sure somewhere some have bad mouthed the snap dragon too, however I am yet to see it and it's been around quite a while.

Ahh so they actually have those decks do they, I couldn't see them on their web site (which is a bit shoddy it has to be said !) and that picture that was posted earlier looks like a 3D render to me, so I assumed it was still pre production.
Not that it matters, I'll give the cutout post things a go before I worry about swapping out the deck !
Maybe look into changing it over later on.
Cheers stevoknevo :)

It is pre production. They revealed it earlier this week. In the next few months they said. [emoji106]

Woaaah, hold on! Each to their own and all that. I bought the velocity a while back based on the rave reviews, I didn't like it for the above reasons. I wouldn't call that fickle, it's personal preference. I'm sure somewhere some have bad mouthed the snap dragon too, however I am yet to see it and it's been around quite a while.
Wasn't picking anyone in particular out bud, no offence, just a general air about the device. Like the Subtank was amazing and then it wasn't, uwell crown the best ever, then not....obs Crius next...

Wasn't picking anyone in particular out bud, no offence, just a general air about the device. Like the Subtank was amazing and then it wasn't, uwell crown the best ever, then not....obs Crius next...

Fair enough. I thought you were calling me fickle! I'm happy to admit I've made a few purchases on the next best thing! The velocity however was probably the worse of those choices. I started out (bar shitty pens) on subtanks so they hold a special place in my heart! Still own two but they haven't seen the light of day in a while. I also purchased the tfv4 which was soon passed on and the crown but I quite like that with the ni200 coil on TC. It's all a journey!!!

Snapdragon and Velocity are very different atties - Snapdragon is an out and out flavour chaser, Velocity is a cloud chaser. However the Snapdragon has been evolved to allow different decks, plastic top caps and a chuff cap - it's a quality piece of engineering.

I had a velocity clone, it just wasn't for me - either too airy or not as good a flavour as a Derringer or Marquis, but I can see why they are appreciated by many.

Horses for courses really. Snapdragon clone is supposedly very good for a tenner?

Well it arrived today ... been sat on my desk willing me to say ferk it i'm going to play :)

OK so yeah the slotted posts are a PITA ... took me an hour or so to get it coiled, but I had just bought some 24g the day before so still struggling with using wire this stiff !
Would have to say that getting two sets of wire under those snub screws is a bitch ! they could do with being wider, I was getting it to catch the first wire but then it was just pushing the second wire out of the way as I was tightening the screw up.
The only way I managed it was to use a tiny flat head screwdriver to hold both wires in place (with my chin !) then tighten the snub screw down .. ffs what a hassle !
I tested the coils and got .24 ohms, and in my excitement totally forgot to dry fire the coils to tweak them before I wicked them up !! so probably not getting the best out of them.

But WOW !! this thing is awesome !! the flavour is insane :) I've used a juice that I regularly put in my Sapor in the evenings (Vape-it UK - Blueberry) and the difference is immense !
I think i'm going to pass out soon from nicotine overdose though ! i can put it down :)

I'm probably going to drop back down to 26g as it's easier for me to use and I want to try Kannon's coiling method (which I can't see will work with 24g as it's too stiff)

So yeah ... thanks guys, especially Kannon who gave me the good advise on getting the SnapDragon :2thumbsup:

Well it arrived today ... been sat on my desk willing me to say ferk it i'm going to play :)

OK so yeah the slotted posts are a PITA ... took me an hour or so to get it coiled, but I had just bought some 24g the day before so still struggling with using wire this stiff !
Would have to say that getting two sets of wire under those snub screws is a bitch ! they could do with being wider, I was getting it to catch the first wire but then it was just pushing the second wire out of the way as I was tightening the screw up.
The only way I managed it was to use a tiny flat head screwdriver to hold both wires in place (with my chin !) then tighten the snub screw down .. ffs what a hassle !
I tested the coils and got .24 ohms, and in my excitement totally forgot to dry fire the coils to tweak them before I wicked them up !! so probably not getting the best out of them.

But WOW !! this thing is awesome !! the flavour is insane :) I've used a juice that I regularly put in my Sapor in the evenings (Vape-it UK - Blueberry) and the difference is immense !
I think i'm going to pass out soon from nicotine overdose though ! i can put it down :)

I'm probably going to drop back down to 26g as it's easier for me to use and I want to try Kannon's coiling method (which I can't see will work with 24g as it's too stiff)

So yeah ... thanks guys, especially Kannon who gave me the good advise on getting the SnapDragon :2thumbsup:

No problem pal. Glad you enjoyed, I was a little anxious in case you felt you had wasted £85! I have a screwdriver sized dimple in my chin (I jest of course!) from the exact same technique you used. Be warned, even when using a single wire you'll still need to do that on the one side! Bring on the velocity posts I say!!! [emoji106]

No problem pal. Glad you enjoyed, I was a little anxious in case you felt you had wasted £85! I have a screwdriver sized dimple in my chin (I jest of course!) from the exact same technique you used. Be warned, even when using a single wire you'll still need to do that on the one side! Bring on the velocity posts I say!!! [emoji106]
Na I'm not afraid of a little difficulty ! I just don't see the logic behind the slotted posts, there always going to want to push the wire out of the way rather than clamping it, and they have also reduced the size of the tip of the snub screw which makes even less sense to me.
I'd be happy if it was still 2 posts but with holes rather than the slots, I've never experienced the Velocity deck so don't know what I'm missing !

Sorry I know I've asked a similar question elsewhere ... but .. what gauge/wraps do you use on the SD ? , I ask because I've bought some 24g to try to get used to very low ohms in possible readiness to try temp control, but I'm finding it to be more harsh.
Might even give up on temp control and go back to .4 to .5 ohms with thinner gauge wire, interested to know your thoughts on the idea ?

Cheers dude

Damob

Back
Top Bottom