What's new

Plan for my new mech setup & coil

Subohmoctopus

Postman
Ive built the coil Im going to use on my broadside mechanical stacked mod (series mod) in prepation for when it arrives which should be very soon.

Using my fused clapton Nichrome 80 wire and I've wrapped a coil with 15 wraps (4mm diameter each wrap).

The coil will be inserted as a single coil setup diagonally into my drop dead RDA.

Here are the numbers.
Screenshot_20180904-180457_Vape Tool.jpg

Screenshot_20180904-180600_Samsung Internet.jpg

I will of course check the ohms with a meter after installing. As you can see with my mech configuration being in series the 8.4 volts will result in a draw of only 7.84 amps from my 30 amp batteries and produce 65watts of power in my stacked mech which i believe is a very sensible level of power and amp draw.

My batteries are LG HB6 and from Fogstar.co.uk

A little about the safety designs of the mod:
The batteries are designed to have the negative end touching the 510 connector in the Broadside mech so that in case of venting the thinnish plastic button is bursted off and the vent holes are located at the bottom of the mod so that batteries vent from the bottom away from your face. The batteries in the stacked mech will meet positive to negative in the middle. And the positive end of the second battery will be touching the button on the bottom of the mech.
The inside of the tube consists of a layer of delrin for extra protection against accidental venting from the negative part of the battery touching the outside of the mod and completing the circuit if the battery sleeve becomes nicked or torn.

Here are the images of the coil I have wrapped. I tried to give it those 45 degree sort of leg designs but it was a lot of tinkering because the wire was quite stiff and didn't want to stay where i told it.

20180904_180228.jpg 20180904_180206.jpg 20180904_180116.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
It does diagonally. Across from one negative to one positive. Only just.
I'm thinking even at that power level it's gonna make your atty and top of your broadside real hot vaping that because your coils too big for your RDA so just watch the heat transfer to your battery

I'm thinking even at that power level it's gonna make your atty and top of your broadside real hot vaping that because your coils too big for your RDA so just watch the heat transfer to your battery
Ill be careful and analyse the battery heat level after using it. According to Mooch the LG HB6 runs cooler than the VTCs and here is his analysis of its temperatures on each amperage discharge level
Screenshot_20180904-183010_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ill definitely know if the cell is going above 80 degrees and if the top of my mod and RDA are getting hot ill take out the battery and see how hot the actual battery is getting.

Ill be careful and analyse the battery heat level after using it. According to Mooch the LG HB6 runs cooler than the VTCs and here is his analysis of its temperatures on each amperage discharge level View attachment 171627

Ill definitely know if the cell is going above 80 degrees and if the top of my mod and RDA are getting hot ill take out the battery and see how hot the actual battery is getting.
I know the data sheet and iv read it as I use mechs a lot [emoji6] just thought I'd point out that the heat that will transfer down your brass or copper tube from that coil that is too big for your RDA is something you need to be aware of [emoji4]

I know the data sheet and iv read it as I use mechs a lot [emoji6] just thought I'd point out that the heat that will transfer down your brass or copper tube from that coil that is too big for your RDA is something you need to be aware of [emoji4]
Im getting the copper version. Thanks for the info, its something I admittedly didn't think about but hopefully it doesnt become an issue and I'll stay precautious of it.

I think the delrin sleeve will hopefully prevent heat being passed onto the batteries but ill still proceed with precaution.

Here is another option for a series build you can try out. See what I did there?

IMAG1267.jpg

Back
Top Bottom