What's new

Pioneer mods

so I stumbled across a brand that I’ve never heard of before and I can’t say I’ve seen much, if any chatter about them on POTV. The brand is Pioneer. They have a new mod out (not interested in that) but a couple of their older models look very sleek/minimal, just as I like my mods.

Anybody got any knowledge or experience with their products?
I'm a fan of P4U i have the IPV6x, IPV8, THE IPVD2 The Velas and the Xyanide. I did have the IPV5 but sold it to a chap i was mates with after he begged and begged me to sell it. I love the IPV6x as it is the smallest duel cell mod i have evr had, The 8 is quite battered as it has been my take out mod but the door is very temperamental now and needs a bit of a fix. the d2 is a lovely little device which was a gift from the Mrs on release date and the Xyanide and velas are 2 of the newer mods that are a bit fuggily but work exceptionally well.
The 6X had a issue none issue, if you where dumb enough to put the batteries in the wrong way it autofired at the full 200w . and the door is easily opened if you put the mod down at a slight angle. I still recommend them because they have Yihi chipsets ok they are sort of Yihi's budget boards but still way better than any Smok and most other mods boards. they all work as well as the sx mini's ie smooth heavy vape no light clouds they create thick clouds and the Tc works as it should

I've got the ipv400... used it as my beater mod for ages, cracking yihi chipset in there, however there are a few "issues"...

There's no reverse battery protection (same on some of their other mods) so be careful putting battery's in or it will autofire!
The battery door is a liability and will pop open at the slightest provocation. Lost count of the number of times I've gone to pick it up and the battery's have fallen out, or found them floating loose in my pocket... again another potential safety issue.
The paint is terrible, literally none left after a couple of months... I had to make a custom wrap.

I've stopped using it, mostly due to the battery door driving me nuts.

In short ipv have a bit of a rap for using good/cut down yihi boards but not always having the best build quality. Make sure you do your research before buying. If you get a good one though you should be more than happy.

the IPV Vesta has a couple of faults with the 510

Not quite sure whats happened to pioneer; they used to actually pioneer back in the day pardon the pun

Back
Top Bottom