What's new

Pindad 510 removal problem

sxh77

Postman
Picked one of these up recently and for some reason unable to free the 510 pin to replace with the bf pin.

Is there anything quirky required to remove the 510

Cheers

S

No, nothing quirky needed to remove it, should unscrew like any normal 510 pin...
Only advice I can give is use a decent screwdriver not the little blue one you get with it that looks like it belongs in a kinder egg...

Thank you, I thought as much.

I asked as the entire 510 pin is rotating in the socket but neither going further in or coming out.
I thought there might be some unlocking required perhaps with the spring loaded filling hole.
Unfortunately it appears now that it could be cross threaded.

Knew i’d end up with a dodgy eBay but one day.

B,
S.

Thank you, I thought as much.

I asked as the entire 510 pin is rotating in the socket but neither going further in or coming out.
I thought there might be some unlocking required perhaps with the spring loaded filling hole.
Unfortunately it appears now that it could be cross threaded.

Knew i’d end up with a dodgy eBay but one day.

B,
S.
The spring loaded filling is in the 510 itself, when you remove it and fit the bf 510 pin it removes the option to use the spring loaded filling...
As the 510 doesn’t actually hold the tank together you should be able to remove just the deck from the tank and try holding the desk in your hand and removing the 510 pin that way, it only has a few threads so should be out in a couple of turns, if its still spinning and don’t come out then probably cross threaded as you said....

It’s threaded sadly but I’ll just use it as a top full rather than a squonk

Thanks for the tips

B,
S

Back
Top Bottom