What's new

Perfect coils dont exi-

This post shows that you don't listen, amp draw on a mech is not the same as a regulated device the mod is showing you what it's drawing from the battery's not what it's supplying to the coil via the chip inside and your mixing up your information again so please understand regulated and mech are 2 completely different things and your screen is full of shit
I built the coil in consideration for my mech device. I know that regulated and mech mods are different, I understand the differences and how to calculate the amp draw on each of them seperately. I havent recieved my mech mod yet which is why ive put it on my regulated mod purely for the purpose of the build, im not gonna start firing it at 220 watts constantly, it was just for the purpose of the build under my supervision, using calculations from mooch I'll always stick to 140watts or lower on my regulated device with the LG HB6

Your not being scrutinized mate. You Are being advised that's all. If we didn't give a shit about safety to yourself you would not get a reply. Maybe I'm reading this all wrong but looking at the where does the wick go Thread I find it hard to understand where all that 3 years of experience building Rdas has gone.

I built the coil in consideration for my mech device. I know that regulated and mech mods are different, I understand the differences and how to calculate the amp draw on each of them seperately. I havent recieved my mech mod yet which is why ive put it on my regulated mod purely for the purpose of the build, im not gonna start firing it at 220 watts constantly, it was just for the purpose of the build under my supervision, using calculations from mooch I'll always stick to 140watts or lower on my regulated device with the LG HB6
Then it seems like you have done your homework and you should be good to go [emoji5] but by the way your posts are written and the fact you have a thread where you didn't know how to wick a coil makes people worried about your safety and don't want more bad press when your mod explodes [emoji3] just remember to check everything on a regulated first before you fire it on your mech and as long as you stay within CDR you will be fine if not slightly disappointed that a mech can't offer you what a decent regulated device can [emoji5]

Your not being scrutinized mate. You Are being advised that's all. If we didn't give a shit about safety to yourself you would not get a reply. Maybe I'm reading this all wrong but looking at the where does the wick go Thread I find it hard to understand where all that 3 years of experience building Rdas has gone.

I dont have 3 years with RDAs, ive been building them for about a month but i build different coils all the time, every day. Im not very good at wicking because i mainly focus on the diameter, wraps and other things of that sort to determine different designs that consider both surface area and ohm readings. Also that post was more about the design of the RDA I have, i was saying with that particular post setup wicking on that RDA is annoying compared to a centered 4 post because you have to tuck the cotton inside the posts and under the coil instead of outside the posts and it was more a question about getting other peoples perspective on qhich the best way to tuck the cotton would be to get the best amount of airflow in that particular design of RDA :)

Then it seems like you have done your homework and you should be good to go [emoji5] but by the way your posts are written and the fact you have a thread where you didn't know how to wick a coil makes people worried about your safety and don't want more bad press when your mod explodes [emoji3] just remember to check everything on a regulated first before you fire it on your mech and as long as you stay within CDR you will be fine if not slightly disappointed that a mech can't offer you what a decent regulated device can [emoji5]

Thankyou, i dont mean to sound like a dick guys and i can see where you're coming from.

That's fine with me mate. Ive got nothing to add except stay safe buddy and enjoy your vape.
Regards
Tony

Ive built multiple coils for RDAs and used regulated mods for 3 years. I want to start using mech mods which also have less ramp up time when using higher resistance coils and vaping at higher watts. I've also done extensive reading and watched probably hundreds of videos including videos about ohms law, battery safety and mech mods.

I'm just going to throw it out there @Subohmoctopus that:
* If you'd built multiple coils and RDa's almost the last question you'd be asking is 'where does the cotton go' as you did on another thread.
* I think using mech mods is a really bad idea for you. You don't possess the required knowledge to use one safely.
*You're applying ohms law to a regulated mod, as your quote above insinuates. That isn't how it works. That denotes your lack of research rather than extensive study. Or your inability to accept advice, as eluded to by @mattyk2010 . Again, had you studied, then asking 'which way do the batteries go in a stacked mech' would be a question you already knew the answer to.
All your posts point towards you looking for some sort of endorsement for high power, experimental vaping. You won't find that here- we're hobbyists not dick measurers.

I would strongly suggest you kick back, chill out and listen to some of the fantastic advice you're getting from the people here before you become another statistic and cast a dark light on something many of us have spent years fighting for the public to have the correct perception on.

Just to add, an experienced mech user knows what danger signs to look out for, *whilst* vaping.

Do you know how to tell if things are going wrong? How to tell if you have a short? How to tell if you are pushing your battery too hard, vaping too quickly? Why your tube or button is getting hot? Why you are burning your wicks? Why your vape tastes like hot lava? When your battery needs changing before you damage it? Etc etc

I'm just going to throw it out there @Subohmoctopus that:
* If you'd built multiple coils and RDa's almost the last question you'd be asking is 'where does the cotton go' as you did on another thread.
* I think using mech mods is a really bad idea for you. You don't possess the required knowledge to use one safely.
*You're applying ohms law to a regulated mod, as your quote above insinuates. That isn't how it works. That denotes your lack of research rather than extensive study. Or your inability to accept advice, as eluded to by @mattyk2010 . Again, had you studied, then asking 'which way do the batteries go in a stacked mech' would be a question you already knew the answer to.
All your posts point towards you looking for some sort of endorsement for high power, experimental vaping. You won't find that here- we're hobbyists not dick measurers.

I would strongly suggest you kick back, chill out and listen to some of the fantastic advice you're getting from the people here before you become another statistic and cast a dark light on something many of us have spent years fighting for the public to have the correct perception on.

*As ive said, I obviously know how to wick an RDA, the question i was asking related more to the design of the RDA and the posts seeming to be in the way of tucking the cotton thus cramping up my RDA and restricting airflow.
*I was applying ohms law because I am building that coil for my stacked mech mod which hasnt arrived yet and only had my reg mod to put it on. *As i explained previously in a reply to someone else i know how to calculate the amps drawn by a regulated mod and the differences in how they work.
*I couldnt find anything regarding which way a battery goes in a stacked mech online, i believed that the positive connected to the negative because of the nicks on the outer tube being the negative of the battery sometimes connecting with the mod case causing misfires and venting among other things such as how the negative must move to the positive to be discharged thus the electrodes ions must move from negative at the bottom battery to positive bottom battery to negative top battery to positive top battery to the 510 connection.

I asked the question because i wanted to be 100% sure i wasnt mistaken in how i understood it worked before throwing batteries wrong into a STACKED mech. Series, parralel and other box mod mechs are easier to understand which way the batteries go...

Back
Top Bottom