What's new

Perfect coils dont exi-

Subohmoctopus

Postman
4mm diameter wraps x9 of fused clapton (nichrome 80 26s wraped in 36ga).

Resistance reads 0.34 ohms on mu meter. Was aiming for 0.35ohms so I can use my new mech mod (im still waiting on delivery) at 200watts while only using around 25amps draw trom my LG HB6 batteries with 2 series 4.2v (so total 8.4volt batteries. )

Can also use this on my alien smok at 200watts and it only reads 15amps on the screen which is weird because it should be a lot higher...

Did the first wraps perfect then melted it on my mod when installing because i ramped it straight up to 140watts like a dumbass and didnt start low and build.

Also accounted for what some of you said on my other thread and moved the two coils closer together.

Attachments

• 20180903_140057.jpg
    20180903_140057.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 258
  • 20180903_135701.jpg
    20180903_135701.jpg
    936.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 20180903_135642.jpg
    20180903_135642.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
This post shows that you don't listen, amp draw on a mech is not the same as a regulated device the mod is showing you what it's drawing from the battery's not what it's supplying to the coil via the chip inside and your mixing up your information again so please understand regulated and mech are 2 completely different things and your screen is full of shit

This post shows that you don't listen, amp draw on a mech is not the same as a regulated device the mod is showing you what it's drawing from the battery's not what it's supplying to the coil via the chip inside and your mixing up your information again so please understand regulated and mech are 2 completely different things and your screen is full of shit

But Mooch says on his video that the regulator increases the amp on moderated screens because it uses amp draw itself? If the amps on my screen is pulling lower how can this be dangerous

I did just do the volts times the amps on screen though and it came up with 120 watts of power even though it was set to 200 watts, so i think youre right its full of shit and im just gonna stick to 140 watts and lower which i calculated is safe on my device from a video mooch did on reg mods

Last edited:
I'm not laying very easy reading all these posts from @Subohmoctopus. What are you trying to achieve. Are you trying to get in with a crowd of vapers that you know or just want to show off somethings. I think you should really get to grips with a reg mod and learn how to build your 1st RDA properly. I think you might hurt yourself or someone else the way you are going. Start at the beginning. Your trying to read the last page of experience without spectacles. Listen and absorb to what's being given to you from this forum, these people know whats they are talking about. Your making mistakes where you don't need to.

I'm not laying very easy reading all these posts from @Subohmoctopus. What are you trying to achieve. Are you trying to get in with a crowd of vapers that you know or just want to show off somethings. I think you should really get to grips with a reg mod and learn how to build your 1st RDA properly. I think you might hurt yourself or someone else the way you are going. Start at the beginning. Your trying to read the last page of experience without spectacles. Listen and absorb to what's being given to you from this forum, these people know whats they are talking about. Your making mistakes where you don't need to.

This coil build was designed in consideration for the stacked broadside mech im going to get, I have 2 LG HB6 batteries from fogstar.co.uk which is a reputable supplier and they have a continuous amp discharge rating of 30amps. The calculations show that 0.35 ohms at 8.4 voltage in my stacked series mech mod will pull 24 amps from my batteries and produce 200 potential watts, this leaves 6 amps from the full cont amp rating which is 30 amps.

Using mooch's video on regulated mods Ive done the following calculations.

Wattage/2 for wattage supplied to each battery
Efficiency of regulator x voltage cut off x wattage of 1 battery

70/2.8v/0.85 eff = 29 amps pull
My Lg HB6 batts have 30amp cont discharge

I can safely vape up to 140 watts max on my regulated device, as i said it was weird that at such high wattage the amp was displayed as so low.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should??
Why on earth do you need that kinda vape? All sounds like a precursor to either A&E or worse. Sorry.

@Subohmoctopus. What are you trying to achieve. Are you trying to get in with a crowd of vapers that you know or just want to show off somethings.
I enjoy building coils of various design and trying to get them at particular ohm ratings, I would be more suited to a mech mod because you can fine tune your vaping experience from the coils you build for them.

@Subohmoctopus. I think you should really get to grips with a reg mod and learn how to build your 1st RDA properly.

Ive built multiple coils for RDAs and used regulated mods for 3 years. I want to start using mech mods which also have less ramp up time when using higher resistance coils and vaping at higher watts. I've also done extensive reading and watched probably hundreds of videos including videos about ohms law, battery safety and mech mods.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should??
Why on earth do you need that kinda vape? All sounds like a precursor to either A&E or worse. Sorry.
One persons preferences when vaping differs from anothers. Ive done all calculations and carefully thought this through so i dont understand why im being scrutinized so strongly without justification, if someone could give actual reasons as to why what I'm doing is dangerous then fair enough id be accepting of scrutiny but ive done all the maths and I have a good understanding and things im not sure about i will always research or ask before attempting to do them.

It seems like people just see that im using a lot of power and immediately jump to the conclusion that i will blow my mod up when I have the actual math i can show to assure you that it wont blow up and that my batteries are from a reputable source.

Back
Top Bottom