What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

PayPal suspends Alba Vapours...Please read!

Really need a competitor to paypal and the quicker the better. Alba vapours gets hit both ways as do many other vendors when paying fees for goods and also when selling so paypal get 2 x 3.9% which is daylight robbery and then treat their users like thief's.
To suspend someone's account without any notice if really piss poor for no reason.

Cobra received and confirmatory email sent. Hope that helps.

Its a good reason to always have another payment gateway actually ... when one goes down the other still functions

PayPal are worrying when it comes to e-cig/e-liquid sales. I build websites for a living and have been thinking of starting an e-liquid site, well I already brought the domain. I noticed a lot of USA people having their accounts permanently blocked due to this sales (due to the FDA's notice/scare tactics), so I sent them a long email describing the business model, waited nearly two days for a reply.. The reply was simply directing me to the usage policy (which I have obviously already read) and telling me to instead send a link to the website/products (not yet built) to [email protected] which I will do once the website is built and some products listed.

This is the only thing in the usage policy that I can find remotely relating to e-cigs/e-liquid:
5. violate applicable laws or industry regulations regarding the sale of (a) tobacco products, or (b) prescription drugs and devices.

IMO the above has nothing to do with products containing nicotine, just tobacco products. I would air caution when using PayPal for this type of business. If they refuse to process payments for my future website when it's built I will use AlertPay, Bank Transfer, and look into other options. Bank Transfer is great for me as there are no fees but many people are wary of sending money via bank transfer (though I have used it successfully on some other slightly grey area websites with good results). AlertPay is not a great option but it will allow people to pay via CC.

Alba are fine but PayPal are a PITA. There are other gateways and I always use them when I have a choice. Having been fleeced a few times in the past on EBay (nothing major, but fleeced) and the same again through a rogue buyer and Royal Mail's inability to provide proper documentation of a delivery (tracked) I have a problem which has taken over 2 years NOT to sort :(

Back
Top Bottom