What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Oval Coil, 4mm in a Kayfun 5

bluerobot

Postman
Oval? Coils? Garlic? Bread? Ok, to start at the beginning. I have four tanks I currently use, Merlin, Digiflavor Siren and two Kayfun 5 clones, one SXK and one no name. Having got a Coilmaster and some 28 gauge x 2 twisted Kanthal A1 wire I decided to bung in a 4mm 8 wrap spaced coil in the Merlin. Best flavor so far from the Merlin IMO. Hmmm......... What about a 4mm in the Kayfun? er, won't fit, why? because the there isn't enough space between between the posts to get one in without the coil touching the posts, hang about, what about ovalising the coil vertically? (Think of an egg standing up) That way the width of the coil goes down to about 2.5 mm, the height goes up but there's enough room height wise in the chimney to accommodate the extra height of the coil. Did an eight wrap and squashed the coil carefully with some pliers to make the oval shape, then spaced the coil. Bit of jiggery pokery with needle nosed pliers, (I'm no expert coil builder) get coil mounted, test fully assembled tank on OHMs meter to make sure there's no shorts, wick, fill and vape. Result? The best vape IMO I've had from my Kayfun so far, flavors more distinct, (I've tried a fair few different types of coil in it) Coil comes in at 1.39 OHMs and vaping at 22 Watts. So there we have it. One final thing, I'm using the Delrin drip tip that came with the Digiflavor Siren on the Kayfun, seems to really suite the Kayfun.

Back
Top Bottom