What's new

Orchid v4 Single Coil??

DakotaMai

Achiever
I have just received an Orchid v4 but, as I usually build around 1.3ohms, I was hoping a could use a single coil instead of having to squeeze two 2.6ohm coils in there.

I have built with a single coil and it seems to vape well with no leaking so far, but are there are tricks I need to know for wicking correctly with a single coil?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I have heard a lot of people say that to get the best out of it, it should be run dual coil, treated like a dripper at sub ohm levels.

But if it working for you, then go with it.

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

I have heard a lot of people say that to get the best out of it, it should be run dual coil, treated like a dripper at sub ohm levels.

But if it working for you, then go with it.

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

It's vaping well, producing good vapour, but i can't help but think I'm not getting the best out of it flavour wise. I know that wicking can alter the flavour so just wondered if there was a trick to wicking it single coil.

If not, I'll give it a go with dual coils and aim for about 1ohm. Can't hurt to try

what are you firing it on. I run mine at 0.6 and its running wonderfully. how do you run it in single?

what are you firing it on. I run mine at 0.6 and its running wonderfully. how do you run it in single?

I'm using a Hana DNA30 and it's running really nicely at 18w which is a lot higher watts than I normally vape at but I think that's because of the huge airflow.

Now I've turned the watts up I'm getting a good flavour and a huge amount of vapour.

I literally coiled and wicked one coil the same as I would for two coils, but just on one side. I haven't blocked the second airhole or anything.

I'm using a Hana DNA30 and it's running really nicely at 18w which is a lot higher watts than I normally vape at but I think that's because of the huge airflow.

Now I've turned the watts up I'm getting a good flavour and a huge amount of vapour.

I literally coiled and wicked one coil the same as I would for two coils, but just on one side. I haven't blocked the second airhole or anything.

Odd that would work.

You would have thought the juice would have leaked out of the air hole on the side with no wick.

The orchids great, glad you found a device which suits you.

I noticed you have given up on the Kayfun.

Like you I also prefer airier devices, cooler Vape and more cloud :)

Odd that would work.

You would have thought the juice would have leaked out of the air hole on the side with no wick.

The orchids great, glad you found a device which suits you.

I noticed you have given up on the Kayfun.

Like you I also prefer airier devices, cooler Vape and more cloud :)

I have had no leaking whatsoever! I also didn't think it would work but so far so good!

I haven't given up on the Kayfun altogether, I kept my original clone as it is really airy. I have to keep the ohms up and the watts down to get a cool vape, which doesn't produce the best clouds but is still very enjoyable. It's now my exclusive Manabush Kayfun as that juice seems to shine in it

That might be why there's less flavour, too much air. I always block the airhole when I single coil my fogger because of the same reason. I'll do the same on the orchid when I try a single coil

That might be why there's less flavour, too much air. I always block the airhole when I single coil my fogger because of the same reason. I'll do the same on the orchid when I try a single coil

Ace...I'll give that a try before I try a dual coil

Back
Top Bottom