Innokin
What's new

Ohm testers (geekvape vs coil master?)

Smoore
Bought the coil master one when I first got into building very low builds (.15ish) but it would never fire them. It's a POS. From then on I've just build on a mod and then double checked the build on a second one. I don't really see the point with ohm readers now as mods these days are fairly spot on.

Vape Green
So reading this do I need a ohm meter to make coils or not?
If you have a regulated mod you can use that, just be aware not all boards are accurate (as are some ohm readers). Unless you building low for mechs the reg mods are fine.

Innokin
I decided not to buy one in the end. If a particularly nice one came out I might treat myself to it but I don’t feel like I need one at all
Ok thanks I put off getting rebuildables cos thought I HAD to have an ohm meter and the only place I found them was the coil master kit and £30 ish quid is out of the question!

AcmeFog
tbh I think it is sufficient for "most general" to go with just a decent mod
A decent stable mod & by that I mean one that is quite accurate
and stable as it stands uo OK on desk when mounting coil etc...
than falls over like a drunk in a kebab shop @ 2:00am

I think it is more important to have decent wire/coil winding kit AND
perfect your own technique of course....

Making a nice coil, neatly and installing it correctly and neatly (no wonky shorts)
then your coils should be fairly constant, with no shorts if installed properly
(no long leads touching, coil positioned just right, check chimney, blah blah blah)

I think a ohm testers are one of them things you THINK you need
(coz YouTuber's all use them)
But personally I've never used mine

The odd time readings have fluctuated is down to stuff like mod/tank not compatible
or loose pin/510/battery, more than other factors in coil itself
(some of which the tab master would have said yup, but mod said fuck off no atomiser)

Don't get me wrong - if you use them and you like building with them - great
personally I think for majority of cases they are not a real MUST HAVE imho

get other fairly decent stuff/tools and if built (and assembled) carefully
you should not really need them (imho for most "general" builds)

These are very good... have one as a spare in case the geekvape one dies.

https://oxfordvapours.com/products/rebuildable-supplies/tools/usa-ultimate-ohm-meters/
Those are about the best you can get, especially for the price but .............................................
If the geek in you wants all the whistles & bells
https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/laser-cut-acrylic-mod-mech-atty-stands/INDIE-COIL-STATION-MINI-250

@vapesmarter has also done a DNA ohm reader.

Elux
Back
Top Bottom