What's new

Ohm is where the art is

There’s a logic there, what you’ve done is go to the opposite extreme and not bother trying to replicate the experience of smoking a fag, as it was doomed to fail from the start.
Absolutely. Vaping doesn't really replicate smoking for me it just gives me something to do instead of smoking

I don’t know very much about the science of heating and electricity but I wonder if higher resistance and thinner (less mass) of wire means the same or higher temp of wire with less watts.
I can't recall, there was all this info going on four years ago, and it must be somewhere on the web, cause some clued up electronics person used to always chime in with length of wire x thickness of wire = ohms. Then I think it went twisted wire, but I stopped reading forums before the Clapton's and aliens were discovered. Imagine my shock after being out of r and d vaping for a few years to see these amazing massive juggernaut coils built to heat a bit of juice on a wick, but people love sub ohming, I feel aged trying to catch up with all the new stuff. Here's a question though, do you tight micro coil, or leave little gaps between the individual coil?

Absolutely. Vaping doesn't really replicate smoking for me it just gives me something to do instead of smoking
Yeh, understand that entirely. For me it was replicate, I loved it so much but knew it was a shit habit.

I can't recall, there was all this info going on four years ago, and it must be somewhere on the web, cause some clued up electronics person used to always chime in with length of wire x thickness of wire = ohms. Then I think it went twisted wire, but I stopped reading forums before the Clapton's and aliens were discovered. Imagine my shock after being out of r and d vaping for a few years to see these amazing massive juggernaut coils built to heat a bit of juice on a wick, but people love sub ohming, I feel aged trying to catch up with all the new stuff. Here's a question though, do you tight micro coil, or leave little gaps between the individual coil?

I always make spaced coils, and just plain wire. As the wire I use has got thinner the resistance has tended to go up and the watts down.

I don’t think it does for me either exactly, but I think I do find it like a much better rough approximation of smoking, because I’ve gradually moved in the direction of tighter airflow and higher nic in the liquid with less clouds, and like it much better. I think this is because it’s in some way more similar to smoking.

I always make spaced coils, and just plain wire. As the wire I use has got thinner the resistance has tended to go up and the watts down.
Your batteries must last a long time then. Especially with the 3000 may 18650's out, sorry, I'm assuming your using those kind off batteries.

Yeh, understand that entirely. For me it was replicate, I loved it so much but knew it was a shit habit.
It turned out that in my case that I wasn't really addicted to nicotine that badly it was more the habit of smoking a cigarette. You know, with a cup of coffee, when I'm bored at work, after my lunch, when I'm bored at work, mid afternoon etc. Did I mention, when I'm bored at work :D I got bored alot !
I dropped my nicotine level quite quickly actually. Mainly use 2mg and zero now.

S
It turned out that in my case that I wasn't really addicted to nicotine that badly it was more the habit of smoking a cigarette. You know, with a cup of coffee, when I'm bored at work, after my lunch, when I'm bored at work, mid afternoon etc. Did I mention, when I'm bored at work :D I got bored alot !
I dropped my nicotine level quite quickly actually. Mainly use 2mg and zero now.
So are you into flavours I spose, if it was never the nic, cause the sensation with dtl'ing is a pretty wow hit in itself, mine was nic. I hope you gggot a different job, being bored at work is a dry hit of it's own.unless it's a cushhy number of course

S

So are you into flavours I spose, if it was never the nic, cause the sensation with dtl'ing is a pretty wow hit in itself, mine was nic. I hope you gggot a different job, being bored at work is a dry hit of it's own.unless it's a cushhy number of course
Yeah, all about flavours. I like my eliquid strong. I never mix the recommended % , always up it a bit.

Your batteries must last a long time then. Especially with the 3000 may 18650's out, sorry, I'm assuming your using those kind off batteries.

Some days a wee 13650 lasts me all day at work. A double battery vapour flask with 2 brown lg’s lasts days!

Back
Top Bottom