What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ohm is where the art is

I’ve built a couple of tanks at around 2Ω recently and found that I can get the regular intensity of flavour with less watts.

@mickbrown, I'm curious, I can't see myself other than an mtl'er, whhat happens to a vaper to lose interest in mtl'ing?
I don't know to be honest. It wasn't a conscious decision to change. I started on a nautilus mini but soon found myself pulling a bit of extra air from the side of my mouth. Then moved on to tanks with more airflow and now use dtltanks/rda's. To try and mtl now just feels awkward now. Drip tips feel too big. Maybe it was because I was used to rollups without filters and flattened the ends.

I don't know to be honest. It wasn't a conscious decision to change. I started on a nautilus mini but soon found myself pulling a bit of extra air from the side of my mouth. Then moved on to tanks with more airflow and now use dtltanks/rda's. To try and mtl now just feels awkward now. Drip tips feel too big. Maybe it was because I was used to rollups without filters and flattened the ends.
IMO wide drip tips don't work MTL, I have to use narrow bore, more like when I was burning vegetation.

IMO wide drip tips don't work MTL, I have to use narrow bore, more like when I was burning vegetation.
Yeah but I used to role my fags about 4mm in diameter and didn't use filter's so flattened the end so even the nautilus drip tip felt big to me. :D

Yeah but I used to role my fags about 4mm in diameter and didn't use filter's so flattened the end so even the nautilus drip tip felt big to me. :D

So how do you get round that? Roll a skin up and stick it out the top of your tanks? :-D

I’ve built a couple of tanks at around 2Ω recently and found that I can get the regular intensity of flavour with less watts.
Do you think this is because of the air coming up through the bottom of the deck ust makes everything so much more effective with modern atties or are you talking anything?

So how do you get round that? Roll a skin up and stick it out the top of your tanks? :-D
That sounds like it could have been a cunning plan but I just had to get used to it. I use dtl devices now with 12 to 14mm OD drip tips as it no longer bothers me.

Do you think this is because of the air coming up through the bottom of the deck ust makes everything so much more effective with modern atties or are you talking anything?

I don’t know very much about the science of heating and electricity but I wonder if higher resistance and thinner (less mass) of wire means the same or higher temp of wire with less watts.

That sounds like it could have been a cunning plan but I just had to get used to it. I use dtl devices now with 12 to 14mm OD drip tips as it no longer bothers me.

There’s a logic there, what you’ve done is go to the opposite extreme and not bother trying to replicate the experience of smoking a fag, as it was doomed to fail from the start.

I suppose now you have the perfect draw for your own personal preference, I take it for granted every inhalation is a good one. But some of the rank fags I used to endure, lordy let's not ever go back to those memories. I remember sifting out the chunks of baccy before rolling, just so I'd avoid the sponge draws. Blimey, I'm smoking my dream fag every time I vape, overlooked that up until now

Back
Top Bottom