What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ohm is where the art is

Thanks,
As with Mick's info. my setup is very similar to what you just described. Perhaps we will reach Nirvana after all.
Yep, I have thankfully, with cotton or mesh, but on the lighter side of things the kayun lite makes me laugh if I refill too much it leaks! I wish they had made it idiot proof for people like Me. What kind of air flow do you like? My fav is 1 to 1.5 mm, that's a massive effect on vape pb imho as important as ohms reading.

Yep, I have thankfully, with cotton or mesh, but on the lighter side of things the kayun lite makes me laugh if I refill too much it leaks! I wish they had made it idiot proof for people like Me. What kind of air flow do you like? My fav is 1 to 1.5 mm, that's a massive effect on vape pb imho as important as ohms reading.
Do you close the juice flow holes before filling? I always forget. I'm still using 5ml tanks so I tend to leave 1ml at the top to allow for pressure change. Airflow I like to be quite tight, hangover from the analogue days.

Do you close the juice flow holes before filling? I always forget. I'm still using 5ml tanks so I tend to leave 1ml at the top to allow for pressure change. Airflow I like to be quite tight, hangover from the analogue days.
The kf lite don't work like that. It's an unscrew the bottom screw kind of thing. Some people top fill and then turn it up side down, I guess it was one of those evolutionary stages in the pursuit of a leakless rta. I chuckle every time I refill. The kf mini has juice flow tightened before filling, but I'm gutted cause even at it's most restricted it's really airy, the kf mini I mean, but I'm converting to the church of squonking, and waiting on a nextera clone. Gonna drill out some rdas to make them bf squonk friendly. It's a great hobby this vape thing.

@mickbrown, I'm curious, I can't see myself other than an mtl'er, whhat happens to a vaper to lose interest in mtl'ing?

The kf lite don't work like that. It's an unscrew the bottom screw kind of thing. Some people top fill and then turn it up side down, I guess it was one of those evolutionary stages in the pursuit of a leakless rta. I chuckle every time I refill. The kf mini has juice flow tightened before filling, but I'm gutted cause even at it's most restricted it's really airy, the kf mini I mean, but I'm converting to the church of squonking, and waiting on a nextera clone. Gonna drill out some rdas to make them bf squonk friendly. It's a great hobby this vape thing.
Yep, never a dull moment. Control freak heaven!

Yep, never a dull moment. Control freak heaven!
Yeh you might be on to something there, I've been using a gennie for 4 years, went through the learning curve of vertical coils etc, wat Makes me laugh is wen I was last involved with orums, when the were talking about bottom feeders, I thought they meant refilling from a screw hole not squeezing the uice onto the wick. I thought back then why'd you want to make life difficult for yourself, talk about a misinterpretation. But I'm back on track now, are you inding much variance in your coil build note book or is it still early days?

... the resistance doesn't effect flavour that much to me, as long as it's not too low I'm usually happy with whatever it comes out at, the resistance will vary depending on the deck because I tend to build so it's a good 'fit' ... so if the posts are further apart I'll do a few extra wraps and if it's a bit cramped I may use a 2mm ID or if there's loads of room I may use a 3mm ID. on some tanks I think that's more important to getting the best flavour than the resistance. I use thinnish wire so whatever I do it never comes out much below 1ohm.

... the resistance doesn't effect flavour that much to me, as long as it's not too low I'm usually happy with whatever it comes out at, the resistance will vary depending on the deck because I tend to build so it's a good 'fit' ... so if the posts are further apart I'll do a few extra wraps and if it's a bit cramped I may use a 2mm ID or if there's loads of room I may use a 3mm ID. on some tanks I think that's more important to getting the best flavour than the resistance. I use thinnish wire so whatever I do it never comes out much below 1ohm.
Wow, you have built on a lot of different decks simong, ye wires a wonderful friend. I went from .2 kanthal to .3 ss, realised my batteries and uice were getting used up for little benefit so I tried a .25 ss and I need look no further, I'm just a simple mtl'r who lkies one battery to last 8 hrs and 30 ml o uice to last two days and thats chain vaping. I also never thought of the context of flavour being the priority over a ' must read a certain ohm'. Very interesting

Same here. I tend to use whatever it comes out at, although I do try to keep it reasonably high for juice and battery economy.

Yeh you might be on to something there, I've been using a gennie for 4 years, went through the learning curve of vertical coils etc, wat Makes me laugh is wen I was last involved with orums, when the were talking about bottom feeders, I thought they meant refilling from a screw hole not squeezing the uice onto the wick. I thought back then why'd you want to make life difficult for yourself, talk about a misinterpretation. But I'm back on track now, are you inding much variance in your coil build note book or is it still early days?
Coil build notebook?......... and spoil the surprise? I think not lol.
I've been building for about a year.
This thread just confirms there is no right way although it does seem to indicate a common range that most people arrive at.

Back
Top Bottom