What's new

Ohm is where the art is

Peter Goodman

Postman
Greetings Planetoi,
Can anyone from experience or scientific research advise which resistance is likely to produce the best flavour when vaping mouth to lung on Kayfun 5 or Merlin RTAs, or does it not matter.

I think it will vary from person to person.
I use the v5 with restricted lung airflow with a single 28 gauge micro coil with 1.25 ohm. 17 watt's. It makes manabush spiritwalker powwow taste delicious to me.

Try aiming for about 1Ω and adjust your power to suit. Resistance isn’t the biggest factor if you are using a mod with adjustable wattage.

I use the v5 with restricted lung airflow with a single 28 gauge micro coil with 1.25 ohm. 17 watt's. It makes manabush spiritwalker powwow taste delicious to me.
Thanks for the reply. Yes you're absolutely correct it will vary for different people and with all the other variables involved. I'm just wondering(dripping and cloud chasing aside) if there's a rule of thumb resistance, all other factors being equal, for flavour when vaping the old fashioned way super ohm and high nic.

Interesting point in case, that is virtually exactly the same set up as myself.

Interesting point in case, that is virtually exactly the same set up as myself.
Funnily enough, it's the first set up I tried in the v5 and found it so good I haven't tried anything different. I will say however that I've found that different types and ohm ratings of coils work differently in various tanks. Also different juice's require different coils and power.
For instance. If I put Cotswold Vapours Strawberry Delight in my cleito at 48 watts with the 0.4 coil it's nice but if I put it in my serpent rdta with a 0.6 flat wire coil it's twice as good at 34 watts. So with this being said , it's why I have so many different tanks which I exclusively use for just one flavour. ( If that makes sense)

Hi Pete, you could Google or search forums for people's own pb's, but if it's mtl oops as I write Mick brown has said it for me. Wat I can say is you can also create your own pb throat hit by building coil away from the hole a little. It's quite a subtle thing with satisfying rewards and wat with decks being so coil build friendly tailor the guage wire wraps to suit. Wy not start with Mick browns. There is an optimum heat and airflow unique to each vapour needed to fulfill that ciggy simulation. Mines 6/7wrap, .28 guagge s/s wire with a 3 mm I'd. Depending on the design of the attys air flow I don't cut the ends flush with pins I keep the tail away from all sides and move it away from air hole to suit. Then I tidy up. But what has a massive bearing on any deck are the distances between pos and neg posts or ow many coils you'll need to hit that pb, good luck
Greetings Planetoi,
Can anyone from experience or scientific research advise which resistance is likely to produce the best flavour when vaping mouth to lung on Kayfun 5 or Merlin RTAs, or does it not matter.

Funnily enough, it's the first set up I tried in the v5 and found it so good I haven't tried anything different. I will say however that I've found that different types and ohm ratings of coils work differently in various tanks. Also different juice's require different coils and power.
For instance. If I put Cotswold Vapours Strawberry Delight in my cleito at 48 watts with the 0.4 coil it's nice but if I put it in my serpent rdta with a 0.6 flat wire coil it's twice as good at 34 watts. So with this being said , it's why I have so many different tanks which I exclusively use for just one flavour. ( If that makes sense)
How spooky is that!!!? I am currently in the process of building a tank bank for individual flavours, currently up to 7, 5 more on the way from FT. Vive la difference, if it was easy, it would be boring!

Hi Pete, you could Google or search forums for people's own pb's, but if it's mtl oops as I write Mick brown has said it for me. Wat I can say is you can also create your own pb throat hit by building coil away from the hole a little. It's quite a subtle thing with satisfying rewards and wat with decks being so coil build friendly tailor the guage wire wraps to suit. Wy not start with Mick browns. There is an optimum heat and airflow unique to each vapour needed to fulfill that ciggy simulation. Mines 6/7wrap, .28 guagge s/s wire with a 3 mm I'd. Depending on the design of the attys air flow I don't cut the ends flush with pins I keep the tail away from all sides and move it away from air hole to suit. Then I tidy up. But what has a massive bearing on any deck are the distances between pos and neg posts or ow many coils you'll need to hit that pb, good luck
Thanks,
As with Mick's info. my setup is very similar to what you just described. Perhaps we will reach Nirvana after all.

How spooky is that!!!? I am currently in the process of building a tank bank for individual flavours, currently up to 7, 5 more on the way from FT. Vive la difference, if it was easy, it would be boring!
Lol. Indeed.
I got a bit side tracked from your original question there , apologies. So , even though I don't mtl anymore , I do have a couple that I use with full air flow to give a restricted lung hit. These are usually set up with plus ohm coils ( 1.2 to 1.5 ). There is no reason you can't use a sub ohm coil in mtl mode if you reduce the power so not to overheat the coil with the reduced air but it's usual to be plus ohm. I'm afraid there's no easy answer for you , just try different coils and keep notes on how you find them. That's what I do. You can't beat a little note book. ;)

Back
Top Bottom