What's new

Not firing at low ohms

big benson

Achiever
Hi all another newbie here with my first question for all you wise guys and girls,ive just got an rsst as a trail run for the Kraken thats on its way,soon i hope,been wrapping a few coils as ya do when its your first atty and ive been trying to keep the ohms as low as pos as ive read the lower the ohms the more flavor and vapor,firstly is that true:30:but my main problem is that when i manage to wrap a decent coil at say 0.5 ohms it wont fire on my magneto mod,im using efest 18350 protected batts is this my problem.Any help would be great,thanks

The battery amp value is not high enough to run that low a coil, think you need batteries with a minimum 10amp... :)

Never been interested in sub-ohm, so another forum member may be able to advise on the batteries that you will need to buy ;)

so do i need low ohms to get more flavor and vapor?also forgot to say that when i put it on a vision spinner it fires just fine.

Last edited:
so do i need low ohms to get more flavor and vapor?

Not .5 ohms :p

I vape around 1.2 on my mech mods and wont go much lower than that so I dont over do it on my batteries.

on my VV/VW mods I use 1.8

ive been getting false info then,watched a few vids on you tube and the theory was the lower the ohms the more vapor and more flavor,im a big fan of clouds of vape and a flavor whore,lol

so do i need low ohms to get more flavor and vapor?also forgot to say that when i put it on a vision spinner it fires just fine.

Not .5 ohms :p

I vape around 1.2 on my mech mods and wont go much lower than that so I dont over do it on my batteries.

on my VV/VW mods I use 1.8

I am exactly the same as KMS :D

Mech mods at 1.2ohms and on VV/VW anywhere between 1.5 and 1.8ohm, depending on coils (micro or standard) :)

Tried sub ohms on another vapers setup and there was great amounts of vapour but IMO the flavour was missing...

I don't think sub ohm vaping is all cracked up to what it's supposed to be. It gives me a sore throat, wicking becomes an issue and I reckon it will affect the life of your batteries. I do like a decent throat hit and I get that from my coils. They usually come out at 1.1 to 1.2ohms

If you want clouds then you want to drill out your air hole to a ridiculous size and practice direct lung inhales which imo is not an enjoyable vape.

Back
Top Bottom