What's new

Ni200 coils and temp control

The sx mini has an extension allowing you to use 2 batteries taking the max power up to 120 watts. That'll be where the 40 amp limit comes in

My other question . Say you set temp to 400f and your running 20 joules, and say you hit 400f after 2 seconds vaping...

Then say you increased joules to 40... keeping temp.... There should be no difference after 2 seconds vaping right ? You will just hit 400f quicker ?

Yeah kind of, the wattage or joules needs to be enough to allow the coil to heat up to your desired temperature under your vaping conditions, as whilst the wattage you apply is heating it, the air that you are drawing over the coil is also cooling it down at the same time. So the more cooling you are applying then the more wattage you will need to acheive your desired temperature.

For example, reaching 400F in a kayfun will require alot less wattage than in a sub tank as the sub tank has alot more cooling than the kayfun.

Its a balancing act between heating / cooling and how warm you like your vapor to be on a given atty and with a given coil to find the sweet spot for you.

Yeah kind of, the wattage or joules needs to be enough to allow the coil to heat up to your desired temperature under your vaping conditions, as whilst the wattage you apply is heating it, the air that you are drawing over the coil is also cooling it down at the same time. So the more cooling you are applying then the more wattage you will need to acheive your desired temperature.

For example, reaching 400F in a kayfun will require alot less wattage than in a sub tank as the sub tank has alot more cooling than the kayfun.

Its a balancing act between heating / cooling and how warm you like your vapor to be on a given atty and with a given coil to find the sweet spot for you.

I do really like the temp control.

Say previously I was vaping at 15 watt taking a long hit flavour changed towards the end a little.. not atall burning but you could taste it getting there if that makes sense.... The first 90% of the draw was Allways a bit nicer than last 10%

Using temp control now with settings that seem to deliver equivalent vapor production.... it just stays at that sweet spot no matter how much I draw on it.

Running at 17 joules using a squape so not really pushing any boundaries and don't really intend to. It's just nice . I really like it.

Lifespan of Coils and wick is lasting way longer too.

I Allways poo pood the idea of temp control until I tried it...for my own vaping preferences its great.no idea what it's like on a dna device or using ni200 on a dripper but so far I'm over the moon with the sx350j chip and single coil rta builds.

Last edited:
I'm using Titanium at the minute but heres the link to the Heron Twisted Nickel build Video -

Back
Top Bottom