What's new

NEW TO RDA NEED HELP.

Craiggyyy123

Hello! I was looking at Vaping Outlaws - Black Scorpion RDA as my first RDA Device but I am having trouble with finding coils. Vaping Outlaws offer many coils, not made and pre-built. As a beginner I think I would rather have pre-built coils. Can someone please recommend a good set of vaping outlaws pre-made coils? Because I do not understand the difference in the ohms of the wire, or the metals? I'm most familiar with Stainless Steel when Sub Ohming. I was looking at the 0.5ohm pre-built rapture coils, are these okay to use as a beginner? Are they okay to use on a box mod with variable wattage? What watts would I have to vape at?

Sorry I am such a newbie to RDA's I really do not understand them at all.

Have you already purchased that RDA? If not, look for something more reasonably priced. Especially as your 1st RDA.

Correct me if I'm wrong are they not also a 3 post deck? Pain in the ass to build on

Hello! I was looking at Vaping Outlaws - Black Scorpion RDA as my first RDA Device but I am having trouble with finding coils. Vaping Outlaws offer many coils, not made and pre-built. As a beginner I think I would rather have pre-built coils. Can someone please recommend a good set of vaping outlaws pre-made coils? Because I do not understand the difference in the ohms of the wire, or the metals? I'm most familiar with Stainless Steel when Sub Ohming. I was looking at the 0.5ohm pre-built rapture coils, are these okay to use as a beginner? Are they okay to use on a box mod with variable wattage? What watts would I have to vape at?

Sorry I am such a newbie to RDA's I really do not understand them at all.

Thon dripper looks a bit new user unfriendly.
This however: https://knuckleheadvapes.com/collections/rda-drippers/products/recoil-style-rda whilst it is a clone, is far easier to get into the swing of things. Or any dripper that has 'Velocity' posts, thems so much better for learning on!

First off however I highly advise you to look into what metals can be used and for damned sure go look into which metals give what kind of resistance. Plenty threads on here or even using that olde google thing will be of use.

Have a chat with @Smut as he seems to know his stuff with coils and making them up for you.

i agree with EmbraSewerRat, Velocity posts are the easiest to build. And many premade coils are made in such fashion so you can easily put in velocity deck. 3post and 4post deck require a lot of hard work to make coils glow even and put them into right direction.

You can use also Goon plates or two-post deck but you need to do some adjustments (especially to premade coils). It's not that hard but definitely you need some practice so something like Troll RDA or Velocity clone will be the best bet

When it comes to resistance, firstly where do you want to use the RDA? If regulated box, any metal will seal the deal. FeCrAl (Kanthal) or NiCr or SS will fit perfectly and work great. If you want crazy subohm (which i do not recommend at all, especially for beginner) you need that SS and NiCr because of lower resistance it provide. Looking at holes in deck posts i suggest putting there nothing bigger than 2-core fused clapton. I hardly believe there will fit anything else.

Craiggyyy, you also need to clarify: You tell us ur a beginner but you've had experience with subohm on SS. How can this be?

When i first started on rdas i started with a velocity so easy to build on but now there are so many good ones out have a look at the druga from augvape

I started with a Tsunami 22 and still use it today, easy enough to build on as long as you don't attempt any crazy builds on it and best of all its very affordable. I like to call it as the "baby's first RDA". As for pre-built coils, I say don't bother! Wrapping your own is good fun, just buy a set of cheap screwdrivers like these which is what I use https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Ha.../sd80/Draper+Precision+Screwdriver+Set/p22626 ( shameless plug, I work for the company :P ) or buy the coil jig set from coilmaster which is even better.

As for wire I'd say keep it simple at first and just use something like this https://oxfordvapours.com/shop-onli...nless-steel-reels/stainless-steel-316l-x-10m/

I use that wire for most of my ADV builds because it just works. I tend to do 5/6 or 6/7 wraps around the 3mm screwdriver, space them out a bit and thats me set. Once you get comfortable with building you can try some more specialized wire types like flat clapton etc. As long as you're on a regulated device which I'm assuming you're using, you can't really do much wrong. Youtube is also a good source of info, just type in the search the name of the RDA you wish to buy followed by the word "builds" as in "Tsunami 22 builds" for example or in your case "Black Scorpion builds" and you should get plenty of reviews and other vids that give you good ideas what to expect.

I'm no mastermind at this stuff as I'm still learning myself but I've moved on exclusively to rebuildable tanks and drippers a few months ago and its been a blast and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone who's thinking of moving away from stock coil sub tanks. Feel free to PM me if you got any additional questions but there are plenty of members on this forum with much MUCH better knowledge of these things.

Back
Top Bottom