What's new

New RDA

Arawn1975!

Achiever
Thinking of getting a Bonza! Been using a Goon lp and a Drop and like the airiness and the bonza looks like it might be similarly airy does anyone have any thoughts good or bad!

Goon lp I like, but it got a lot of stick. Not much room on that deck though. Drop is great, really really great. A solid 9/10 for me and one of my all time faves. Versatile and airy.

My favourite is the Kali though. If you can find one of those and you’re a mid - high power dtl vaper that’s vaping nirvana and will do everything you ever want it to. Easy to build, massive well and nice open airflow.

The Bonza is a pretty good RDA - I have an original Bonza, Goon and the Goon 1.5 with the cyclops airflow and I find the Bonza's honeycomb airflow has a VERY slight restriction compared to my Goons, but it is smoother than both and I tend to use it more frequently. The build deck is slightly fiddly with the mixed hole and clamp system on each post, but its a breeze compared to building the Goon and it's also a doddle to centre each coil to the airflow. The Bonza is a mm or 2 taller than the Goons, but this extra height is used to give a deeper juice-well which makes it ideal for squonking or dripping if you're heavy handed.

The only con I can think of is the gold plated deck, with the original Bonza a gold ring is visible around the bottom of the deck which looks a bit tacky - however, if you buy the SS version you can use brasso to polish the thin gold coating from the visible bottom ring of the deck, it is SS underneath the gold plating and it matches after the coating is stripped away, however, this only works with the SS version - unless you buy the gold one I suppose then it won't be a problem.

The 510 pin on the Bonza is a wierd 2 part affair - if you take out the bottom half to put it in squonk mode MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOOSE IT as no other 510 pin is likely to fit. I can't really explain it well, but its easy enough to figure out if you look at it - its not good or bad, just a bit different.

I was a little concerned that the gold coating on the deck may flake away, but I've had mine for 3 and a half years now and haven't had any issues, despite frequent use..

The 1.5 version got rid of the gold plated deck so the visible gold ring around the bottom was no longer an issue, it also had slightly beefier clamps (I think), but I was happy with the original so I didn't bother picking one up, but it may be the one to go for if you can find one..

+1 for the OG Drop, followed by the Asgard mini, Temple is OK too but kinda restricts coil space. Thought the goon 1.5 was a whistley pos and moved it on, still got the original with 3 hole knocking around somewhere. Also have a few others that are kinda OK but I never use them, like the Drop Dead and Hellbeast, favourite squonk rda's are the Gorge and the Mjolnir, Drop solo is kinda average.

I drip usually as don’t have a squonker as most seem to be single cell and I don’t want to be carrying batteries and after seeing comments about the topside battery doors I’m not in the mood to risk having it break.
The OG goons are like hens teeth or £££ and the Asgard I can only find online which those who know my situation know is not an option!
But the Bonza is in my local B&M vape shop for £19 so think I’m prob gonna take the plunge on that! Thanks fellas.

If you go for a Bonza take the top O - Ring off the deck as i found it can be a bit tight on both of mine.

Back
Top Bottom