What's new

Need some advice

Jd_

Achiever
Ok, so the other day i broke out my intake which i recently got (and thank god, im never buying a postless deck again)

I put it together and it was working good for the first cpl days, even tho i never saw any sort of bubbles...then all of a sudden the vapor just dropped off dramatically. And when i vape it i am vaping a bunch of hits at a time, so it was definitely wicking at first.

Prob is, when i filled it, i filled it all the way up to the fill holes basically. And in the 2 or 3 days ive barely made a dent in the juice level, probably because there was so much above the thick chimney area. I want to open it up and rewick it, and im ok with that, but i don't want to be dumping out a full tank of juice every cpl days.

Im glad its not being a juice hog, and i can simply put a little juice in at a time, but that becomes a pain, especially since once it hits the wide part of the chimney the level will drop much quicker, i dont want to be wasting tanks of juice, i feel like the cotton should be lasting longer, its cotton bacon v2.

One other thing, the same thing bh is going on with my zeus, cept the juice level is dropping like u would expect. Its using different coils but same cotton. Getting the same 2 or 3 day life.(also a STRONG nickel taste, trying to cover it up with coffee flavor)

Yeah finding the sweet build for an atty can be a real Trial..
myself i will only fill with enough juice to leak to start with say 1-2mm up the height of any chimney.. but some waste is inevitable.. worth it tho once you hit the sweet build..

a syringe with a filling needle can be used to pull juice from a tank. many today can retain juice when upturned allowing deck removal still a bit messy but not too wasteful.

older attys and thise that dont maintain tank seals when undone can be bodged using plumbers ptfe tape, just wrap it tightly around the tank/base or top seal and you can generally open the atty retaining the juice,

Turn it upside down, then remove the deck, providing the juice doesn't go over the bottom of the chimney bell, you'll be golden, if it does then a little may spill down the chimney itself, just clean it off and you'll be good.

I do this all the time, leave the tank standing upside down with the deck removed, whilst I dry burn and rewick.

What about the cotton tho, why u think it went bad all of a sudden?

The coils are around .4 ohms or abouts, i was only running under 30-35 wats or so

For both builds i was having to hit it once to heat up the coils initially, then i could kinda chain vape it for a while, then id put it down for a while

For both builds i was having to hit it once to heat up the coils initially, then i could kinda chain vape it for a while, then id put it down for a while

Could be a wicking issue, not a complete blockage, but enough to have it wick slow enough to cause problems.

Could also be the juice, do you use this juice often? Does the coil appear gunked up?

What about the cotton tho, why u think it went bad all of a sudden?

You say the juice level has not dropped in the tank? perhaps the wick didnt go bad but was bad all along just not totally bad, and allowing enough juice in slowly to enable your initial priming to last this long??

Back
Top Bottom