What's new

Need help with dual build

What does the resistance read with 1 coil installed?
If it’s above 0.2 you should be able to install the second coil and bed that one in too.
The longer the wire used the higher the resistance, you could try adding an extra wrap to each coil to bring the resistance up to a level that the mod can fire.

Those SS claptons are just to close to the limit for that device, you'll need something a bit higher resistance - Please take a little time to find out about the different types of wire, read up on Ohms law, and watch a few youtube coiling vids to get a feel for installing claptons or other types of coil.

Reistance calculator / Battery drain / Coil Wrapping - http://www.steam-engine.org/

Attachments

• Ohms law Tutorial.pdf
    192.1 KB · Views: 80
If it’s above 0.2 you should be able to install the second coil and bed that one in too.
The longer the wire used the higher the resistance, you could try adding an extra wrap to each coil to bring the resistance up to a level that the mod can fire.
.23 but when I added 2 coil it went to .05 I think

I’ll have to agree with Tubbyengineer. They’re just too close to the limit. Grab yourself some different coils

How can I contact him ? Another question does the resistance change if u clip off some part of the coil leg since I have to cuz it's a postless decided ?
Click on his username here @Smut and start a conversation with him. I agree with tubby that you need to read up on ohms law and coil materials before you take things further.

I bought pre made coils. Can you suggest me some type to make a dual coil set up

I don’t use prebuilt coils so can’t recommend any specifically but choose some that are rated at 0.4ohm or above. That way when you buil dual coil the resistance won’t be too low for your mod.

I don’t use prebuilt coils so can’t recommend any specifically but choose some that are rated at 0.4ohm or above. That way when you buil dual coil the resistance won’t be too low for your mod.
Ty so much for ur time bro. You help me out alot. One last question lol. What's best n safe I should use for my t priv CSMNT rda; kanthal or nichrome or ss coil??

Personally I stick with kanthal. A lot is personal preference. Some people swear by stainless steel but for me, unless you use temp control I don’t see the benefit. Kanthal has a higher resistance than stainless so you’re less likely to run into the same problem. Whatever you choose make sure the coils you buy are a high enough resistance, remember that resistance is halved for dual coil.

Personally I stick with kanthal. A lot is personal preference. Some people swear by stainless steel but for me, unless you use temp control I don’t see the benefit. Kanthal has a higher resistance than stainless so you’re less likely to run into the same problem. Whatever you choose make sure the coils you buy are a high enough resistance, remember that resistance is halved for dual coil.
What's the difference between temp and wattage mode ? I always use wattage mode so what wire is good for it ?

Back
Top Bottom