What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Need help unwrapping a coil and rewrapping it

Tried that,on the rod, it doesnt work. Its too springy, and its because its like curved left and right... im thinking of getting one of those thingamabobs that is like a rod n u just twist it. Dunno what its called tho, ir if it will help

Coil Master? I think that's what you mean, I never got on with those & just hand wrap

Like this?

Coil-Master-6in1-Coiling-Kit-v4.jpg

It should pull tight on the rod. I forgot to say, you need to hold the other end else the coil will unravel when you pull the leg

Coil Master? I think that's what you mean, I never got on with those & just hand wrap

Like this?

View attachment 226350

It should pull tight on the rod. I forgot to say, you need to hold the other end else the coil will unravel when you pull the leg
Yeah, i know what u meant, i tried, no matter how hard i pulled would halp

Yeah, i know what u meant, i tried, no matter how hard i pulled would halp

Ah okay. I'm not sure what else to try apart from unwrapping it & flattening that kinked bit by hand, I'd be too lazy for that though. I wouldn't worry about too much, it should vape just fine

Ive seen reviewers use something that looks like this, but they just put wire in it, it doesnt seem like they r holding anything., and they just turn it and it makes a coil
9641974-11.jpg

Its not kinked, it just gets kinda not straight side by side, cant figure out how to make it straight in a linear fasion

Ive seen reviewers use something that looks like this, but they just put wire in it, it doesnt seem like they r holding anything., and they just turn it and it makes a coil
View attachment 226351

Yep, that's it, it's what I posted up above, a Coil Master coiling kit. You feed one end of the wire through the little hole in the top of the handle (you can just about see it in that pic) & hold it down

This shows it better:

Yep, that's it, it's what I posted up above, a Coil Master coiling kit. You feed one end of the wire through the little hole in the top of the handle (you can just about see it in that pic) & hold it down
Yeah...that thing... i looked on fast tech but their versions dont do i automatically like that.

Ill try spacing the coils too, i do get one or two frops of spitback sometimes and its not bad, but it hurts.

I need to switch to thinner wire anyway, witha 38 wrap instead of a 32 wrap, its making my tank too hot

Imm okking at it, and im not even sure thatll put enough tension to straighten the wire, but for like 5 bux its worth a try

Back
Top Bottom