What's new

My first go with the rsst......

Rexer

Postman
So I have the rsst set up on my evic and first impressions are not that great.

Used 400 mesh
4 wraps of .20 kanthal
Coil is 2 ohm

Using the same juice in a clearo, paradisevapes spearmint 50/50 18mg

Clearo - loads of vapour and good flavour
Rsst - not so much vapour and flavour is a bit off, a little metallic and chemically. Good minty after taste but not so nice on the inhale.

Any suggestions guys?

What voltage or wattage are you trying and which method did you use for the wick ?
If your mesh was too big then the wick might be rolled too tight to allow wicking, is the wick a tube with a hollow center ?
Have you pulsed the coil and checked all the coils light up evenly, a good coil will light from the centre out not from end to end.

I guess my post was a bit lacking lol

Wick was 400 ss mesh cut to 40mm X 35mm. Rolled it by hand and fits nice in the wick hole as is like a tube, ( i didnt prime it so was able to see the juice wick up to the top)

I had several failed attempts at the pulse method so i carbonised the top section, the coil was sort of glowing from the centre and actually seemed brighter in the centre than it was on the top and bottom, i also tilted it towards the middle post to keep the gap smaller

4.4 volts which shows as 9.6 watts on the evic

I guess my post was a bit lacking lol

Wick was 400 ss mesh cut to 40mm X 35mm. Rolled it by hand and fits nice in the wick hole as is like a tube, ( i didnt prime it so was able to see the juice wick up to the top)

I had several failed attempts at the pulse method so i carbonised the top section, the coil was sort of glowing from the centre and actually seemed brighter in the centre than it was on the top and bottom, i also tilted it towards the middle post to keep the gap smaller

4.4 volts which shows as 9.6 watts on the evic

I am no expert as I only set up my first RSST last night in a very similar fashion to how you did yours. But don't give up on it as mine vapes fantastically. I did sort of pulse my coil not very well though. And I did keep get shorts and cutting out for some reason, but now there is loads of vapor and a really good taste. I am running at 9.5 watts.
good luck with it.

Sounds to me like a spot on coil and good settings, I'm puzzled by the lack of performance it's pretty much identical to my coils on the aga-t2 and rsst and they produce loads of vapour and flavour.

Maybe it needs a bit of time to bed in so usage can burn the wick in more, it's all I have left.

Unless one of the forum wizards has some masters level of knowledge I'm too lowly to possess I'm ready to say sorry I can't help or blame the juice as a last resort.

Stick with it you have a great Genny there,when you get it right be careful not to over nic like I did sticking to the same setting I used on T3's etc..

I missed the metallic taste you mentioned... You did strip it and wash it thoroughly before coiling and using to remove the oils and fluids used during production ?
Some nasty fluids are used to cool the lathes and the Chinese are not the best at thinking of these things and cleaning off, just a thought.

Out of curiosity, have you put the bung back in the fill hole?

only ask because I when I did, it pretty much strangled the vapour, and also flooded the atty.

Once I took it back out it was spot on :)

Vapemonkey1980

Sir I do believe you are 'that' wizard we hoped would pass by, blushing for missing that because my bung went in the draw as part of the unboxing. :worship:

No bung for me more out of habit as putting the screw back in the AGA-T strangled it and got the RSST 2 months later...

Here's hoping Rexer has a bung in his hole !!:oops:

somethings amiss here as my rsst it the complete opposite to yours.

getting shed loads of vape and flavour with the same 400 mesh and wire and same resistance.

posting a pic may help, other than that im no use.

Pic would be great as mentioned above.
Where is your airhole positioned, next to the coil is right.
Mine gives os some vapour, not shedloads by is ok thus far.

Back
Top Bottom