What's new

MTL Coil recommendation for Vandy Vape Beserker 1.5 Mini with Manabush Nokomis

I am a bit fan of the berserker and think is nice to build on. It took me a while to clock it, but the wire clamps have little gaps in the side that you can bend the wire through. Makes it easier to avoid wire ends hitting the chamber which was a constant problem for me when I started building.

Good to know. I was torn between the Beserker and Naturevape Ehpro True tank. The included 2.5ml steel tank swung it for me. Hoping that coupled with the Aegis solo its going to be nice and rugged :)

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for all the replies :)

I realised there is a free reel of ' Ni80 30ga x 2(=)+38ga 10ft 3.5Ω/ft ' included with the tank which is the same stuff the included pre made ones are made from - so good to know its not bad stuff.

Think i'll try the stealth vape stuff first if its easier to work with but nice to have something different to experiment with, in the name of science an' all that!

Found a link to this calculator on the site so been trying to familarise myself. https://www.steam-engine.org/coil

Been wondering what the 'x2' in the spec refers to? Dual coil? Dual core? Or 2 38ga wires coiled together to make 30ga?
It's 2 30g wires side by side wrapped with a 38g wire to make 1 fused Clapton wire [emoji6]

Good selection, you couldn't have gone wrong either way in my opinion.

Personally I’d start with good ol’ Stealthvape 28 gauge Ni80 or Kanthal A1 and Muji cotton then,move on to more complex wires after experimenting with the basics first. You can get an extremely satisfying vape from simple round wire, and save yourself a fair few quid whilst trying different builds out. Trust me. I charge a fortune for my MTL Claptons [emoji6][emoji23][emoji1303]

Personally I’d start with good ol’ Stealthvape 28 gauge Ni80 or Kanthal A1 and Muji cotton then,move on to more complex wires after experimenting with the basics first. You can get an extremely satisfying vape from simple round wire, and save yourself a fair few quid whilst trying different builds out. Trust me. I charge a fortune for my MTL Claptons [emoji6][emoji23][emoji1303]
they ARE good though ...

Always found 27g or 28g kanthal to work best for me when vaping Manabush, I venture down below an ohm with nichrome for MTL with salt nic, but with Manabush I enjoy it above an ohm, around 1.0-1.2ohm.

28 awg Kanthal, 2mm Inner diameter, 8 wraps, 1.2 Ohms at around 11.5 watts. Wick snug in the coil but not stupid tight.Trim around a 3rd of the bulk of the tails.Tails about halfway down the juice wells. They shouldn't be seen poking out the bottom.
Flavour will blow the Nautilus coils out the water.

Cool, thanks guys for all the tips and suggestions. Really appreciate it :)

My Stealth vape order (Kanthal A1 28g + Muji) arrived this morning. Would have been here quicker, but i forgot to confirm my order on paypal, D'oh! Just waiting on the tank, mod and coil gauge. Hopefully here in another week or so.

General consensus for Nokomis seems to be Kanthal A1 1-1.2ohm with 6/7x 2.5mm winds or 8x 2mm winds so i'll give both variations a go.

Decided to be adventurous and finally try some Indigene and Spiritwalker. Thinking i'll try the Ni80 with the Spiritwalker as its 60/40.

Flavour will blow the Nautilus coils out the water.

Nice to hear :) Iniitally was going to get a Nautilus 2s last weekend cos i wanted top fill but i've had numerous dud coils over the last 2 years, so thought i might aswell look into rebuildable's. I didn't realise how much cheaper it is, for roughly the same price as a pack of five, you're getting a years worth of coil and wool. Feel like i've basically been wasting money paying Aspire for stainless steel casings... :doh:

Last edited:
Cool, thanks guys for all the suggestions.

My Stealth vape order (Kanthal A1 28g + Muji) arrived this morning. Would have been here quicker, but i forgot to confirm my order on paypal, D'oh! Just waiting on the tank, mod and coil gauge. Hopefully here in another week or so.

General consensus for Nokomis seems to be Kanthal A1 1-1.2ohm with 6/7x 2.5mm winds or 8x 2mm winds so i'll give both variations a go.

Decided to be adventurous and finally try some Indigene and Spiritwalker. Thinking i'll try the Ni80 with the Spiritwalker as its 60/40.

Nice to hear :) Iniitally was going to get a Nautilus 2s last weekend cos i wanted top fill but i've had numerous dud coils over the last 2 years, so thought i might aswell look into rebuildable's. I didn't realise how much cheaper it is, for roughly the same price as a pack of five, you're getting a years worth of coil and wool. Feel like i've basically been wasting money paying Aspire for stainless steel casings... :doh:

Been through that scenario of being pissed off with the QC on stock coils myself, as have many others on here. Best thing I ever did switching to rebuildables.

Back
Top Bottom