POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

More power

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by Seedy, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Seedy

Seedy Vendor

Cheers mate. Reckon I'll try 2 coils of .28mm 4 wraps first. That should give me .5ohms ;-)
    Maybe after that I'll bust out that heavy duty gear they sent me free. I reckon its about .45mm ;-) I'll send you some if you want a play.

2. Aqua Vape
  3. Raguri

Raguri Nutter!

After Christmas, I'd happily accept your offer! Until then, I wont have any 30amp batteries, or an Igo W to test it out to the max :P

4. Seedy

Seedy Vendor

No worries. Holla if and when.

5. Dispergo
  6. JustPoo

JustPoo Postman

I stack batteries for some builds, the voltage drop is less severe and I can use thinner wire which heats up faster. This 1.9ohm build on the kayfun at 8.4v works out about 38w but only about 4 and a half amps, before voltage drop -

[​IMG]

It's a great vape and the heat up time is reduced - it feels more "effortless" for want of a better term!

I pair my batteries, switch my batteries, and check the voltages regularly.

I wouldn't recommend stacking if you don't need to, the advantages are good but not earth shattering so if you have a single battery capable of putting out high amps it's probably the easier and safer option.

7. Seedy

Seedy Vendor

I just got my 30A Sony's so I'll stick with those I think. I built a dual coil today that came in at .8ohms. Whoaa man. It vapes a treat :-)

8. JustPoo

JustPoo Postman

I do like me a good sub ohm dual coil :)

I got those Sonys too, I've ended up not really using them because of the capacity, except for daft builds. The Samsung-INR18650-20R is enough for most of my stuff and has 2000mah which means I'm only swapping every three hours and not two ;) The Panasonic NCR18650PD might suit your 0.8ohms coils a bit better - 2900mah and a ten amp limit :)

9. Seedy

Seedy Vendor

Same. I only got them for shenanigans. I'm happy with my Torchys for my tanks. Cheers though.

10. ocd13

ocd13 Vape Expert @ LeisureLiquids

I posted this recently on another thread about the torchy 18650's. I asked him about them when I bought some other batteries off him and this is the reply I got.

" Hi Anthony,

The current Torchy batteries are ok up to 2,5A, the capacity drops off a bit above this, but there is no tundue thermal build up below 5A.

I have new ones arriving (hopefully by the end of the week) that will maintain capacity up to 5A.

Regards

Jim"

11. Seedy

Seedy Vendor

Thanks Jim.