What's new

More power

I'd better get some better batteries first don't you think? Ive only got Torchys 18650s. Are they man enough?

I don't know the current rating of Torchys' batteries you need to get in touch with him and ask. I don't think they are 10amp though, but I could be wrong.

check out the current required at an ohms law checker like this one.

a 1ohm coil on a freshly charged battery at 4.1v (you don't ever get 4.2volts because of voltage drop) needs 4.1amps of current draw.

a 0.5ohm coil needs 8.2amps off the top of my head EFest IMRs are around 5amps AW IMRs are around 10amps if you're going to go for sub ohming then the panasonic CGR 18650CH are 10amp and highly rated.

I don't know the current rating of Torchys' batteries you need to get in touch with him and ask. I don't think they are 10amp though, but I could be wrong.

check out the current required at an ohms law checker like this one.

a 1ohm coil on a freshly charged battery at 4.1v (you don't ever get 4.2volts because of voltage drop) needs 4.1amps of current draw.

a 0.5ohm coil needs 8.2amps off the top of my head EFest IMRs are around 5amps AW IMRs are around 10amps if you're going to go for sub ohming then the panasonic CGR 18650CH are 10amp and highly rated.

I just ordered myself a couple of those Sony 30A badboys. They may be up to the job ;)

And bugger me if the battery I got has wrong info on website. The 2600 efest is actually NOT imr as listed and is unprotected....arghhh another mess to sort out..its only 4.2 amps as well so useless for dual coil sub ohm builds

I feel another sale coming on Phantom.
A Vamo owner will love you for that cell.

Does the ohms law calculator take into account single and dual coils?

Seedy, find the total resistance (Using a multi meter or ohms checker, or vamo type mod) :P
Then just use that :)
Total resistance = Both coils...

Simply, two 2 ohm coils = 1ohm
1 ohm is the total resistance, so you put that into the calculator :)

Seedy, find the total resistance (Using a multi meter or ohms checker, or vamo type mod) :P
Then just use that :)
Total resistance = Both coils...

Simply, two 2 ohm coils = 1ohm
1 ohm is the total resistance, so you put that into the calculator :)

Hey Raguri.
I understand that you halve the resistance with 2 coils. I'm just wondering why i've ordered 30A batteries when I'll never get near using that amount of power ;)

Hey @Raguri.
I understand that you halve the resistance with 2 coils. I'm just wondering why i've ordered 30A batteries when I'll never get near using that amount of power ;)

to be honest, I'm looking at getting some purely for the fact that I will NEVER push them hard.
Currently, I have a 0.6ohm SINGLE coil. 0.5 is my safety barrier before it goes boom.
So, if I was to use a 30AMP battery, I wouldn't have to constantly be worrying about "Maybe the coil's moved a little bit, it could be less now, oh god, here goes" ;)

to be honest, I'm looking at getting some purely for the fact that I will NEVER push them hard.
Currently, I have a 0.6ohm SINGLE coil. 0.5 is my safety barrier before it goes boom.
So, if I was to use a 30AMP battery, I wouldn't have to constantly be worrying about "Maybe the coil's moved a little bit, it could be less now, oh god, here goes" ;)

Best to be safe I reckon. Im quite new to using these lower ohm coils but love the speed they heat up at. I built my lowest ohm coil today @ 1ohm. I like it very much. When those batteries turn up, its dual coil time at 0.5ohms :-)

Best to be safe I reckon. Im quite new to using these lower ohm coils but love the speed they heat up at. I built my lowest ohm coil today @ 1ohm. I like it very much. When those batteries turn up, its dual coil time at 0.5ohms :-)

Well, just so you know for future reference.
0.32 twisted kanthal, and 4 wraps, will give you 0.6 ;)

Back
Top Bottom