What's new

Mechanical Mod newbie

Yeah, 1Ω sounds good......but, use it as a base line and try moving up or down from there, think I went straight in at ~.3/4 on a mech thinking lower must be better, right? and ended up thinking "this is what all the fuss was about" and fucked it off for along time......still don't see the appeal of clouds for clouds sake.

But love me some flavour full RDA action now!

Thanks again, so a dual coil with 24g at 3mm and 1ohm target would require about 2 x 10 wrap coils. ish.

Thanks again, so a dual coil with 24g at 3mm and 1ohm target would require about 2 x 10 wrap coils. ish.

For a single coil yes that would get you in around 1ohm, for dual coil you'd be needing twice that. There is a lot of metal in that coil though for a mech which would lead to slow ramp up times and a cool vape. Basically the coil would be under powered. 27g/0.36mm 6 wraps around 3mm would be a better coil to me if that was where I was aiming.

On steamengine using the coil wrapping tab on the right hand side under where it tells you the number of wraps you'll see a heat flux section. Enter the expected Watts in here, for a 1 ohm build on a mech we'll say 15W, then on the right of this is a little coloured square that will give you an indicator of how that coil will function at those Watts. Red is hot, green is about where you want to be, blue is cool.

Last edited:
For a single coil yes that would get you in around 1ohm, for dual coil you'd be needing twice that. There is a lot of metal in that coil though for a mech which would lead to slow ramp up times and a cool vape. Basically the coil would be under powered. 27g/0.36mm 6 wraps around 3mm would be a better coil to me if that was where I was aiming.

On steamengine using the coil wrapping tab on the right hand side under where it tells you the number of wraps you'll see a heat flux section. Enter the expected Watts in here, for a 1 ohm build on a mech we'll say 15W, then on the right of this is a little coloured square that will give you an indicator of how that coil will function at those Watts. Red is hot, green is about where you want to be, blue is cool.

And that would be a single coil set up.

And that would be a single coil set up.

Yeh. A dual at 1ohm for a mech would be difficult without going down to something like 0.25mm Kanthol and then that's not so easy to work with. I'd also be tempted to go down to a 2.5mm coil.

Ok, Again thanks for the help it is appreciated, It is going to be awhile before everything turns up so I will get my head down and do some more homework.

Out of the two atty's you've ordered I'd be going with the Derringer for a single coil at that sort of power. Going by what you've been vaping on I can't see you staying there for long but it's worth it for the first build or two while you're getting your head round it all. It's good to see someone putting in the homework and not just jumping in at the deep end. Have you ordered any Kanthol yet or what do you have in stock already?

Out of the two atty's you've ordered I'd be going with the Derringer for a single coil at that sort of power. Going by what you've been vaping on I can't see you staying there for long but it's worth it for the first build or two while you're getting your head round it all. It's good to see someone putting in the homework and not just jumping in at the deep end. Have you ordered any Kanthol yet or what do you have in stock already?

Currently have 24,29 and 32

Ordered a nitecore i2 charger today, hopefully a decent charger.

Back
Top Bottom