I have ordered....

Nemesis Mechanical Mod Clone

Nemesis Neodymium magnets N50 strength for nemesis

Velocity Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Derringer Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Atomizer Resistance Tester (Ohm Meter)

I have wire, cotton silica ect ect

Anything else I could do with getting?

Tweezers? I like the ceramic ones but any will do as long as you don't fire the coil while pinching. Some of my coils need a bit more grunt to them than tweezers can handle, I use needle nose pliers then.
Blow Torch? Not absolutely necessary but handy.
A good set of screwdrivers or something else to coil on at different sizes?
Good scissors? Amazing how hard cotton can be to cut with shite scissors. Makes fluffing up the ends easier to with a nice clean cut too.
A good set of fine tipped wire snips?
How's your eyesight? A magnifying glass?

Tweezers? I like the ceramic ones but any will do as long as you don't fire the coil while pinching. Some of my coils need a bit more grunt to them than tweezers can handle, I use needle nose pliers then.
Blow Torch? Not absolutely necessary but handy.
A good set of screwdrivers or something else to coil on at different sizes?
Good scissors? Amazing how hard cotton can be to cut with shite scissors. Makes fluffing up the ends easier to with a nice clean cut too.
A good set of fine tipped wire snips?
How's your eyesight? A magnifying glass?

Thanks for the list, eye sight is fine so no need for a magnifying glass, snips I have, my wife has (Had) a great pair of scissors, screwdrivers I have a plenty of, I do have a coil mandrel to wrap on, so it looks like I just need tweezers, my missus may go ape if hers go missing, although I may have to get a magnifying glass for her as she keeps saying she has use for one, no idea what she is talking about.

Yeh can't help you on the VTC3, never had one, but like peps1 said, be wary of fakes.

If you stick to a Subtank mini it's one less thing to get used to when first experimenting with a mech, you'd know what to expect from it at a given Wattage. When you're building for a certain juice that you know you like at a certain Watts use Steamengine to calculate what resistance you should be aiming for to hit those Watts with a mech. I tend to use 3.8V with ohms law to do this, it allows for volt drop. If you're building for lower power you could up this to 3.9 or 4V ish, if you're for higher power the volt drop will be more so lower it 3.6V ish. Who ever said mech are simple:p I love em though.

Just a quick question regarding steam engine and battery safety

If I was using a 2100mAH battery, and I wanted my watts to be between 25-30 I would be looking at a coil of .5ohm and a battery Voltage at 3.8v. If the battery was fully charged at 4.2v then the watts would be around 3.5?

And I should not let the battery drop below 35v?

I may be completely wrong here but would rather learn in theory rather than practice.

Last edited:
Just a quick question regarding steam engine and battery safety

If I was using a 2100mAH battery, and I wanted my watts to be between 25-30 I would be looking at a coil of .5ohm and a battery Voltage at 3.8v. If the battery was fully charged at 4.2v then the watts would be around 3.5?

And I should not let the battery drop below 35v?

I may be completely wrong here but would rather learn in theory rather than practice.

Yes those numbers make sense apart from the obvious typo's. Steamengine is great but it doesn't make allowances for volt drop due to either the batteries internal resistance or the resistance of the mod, we have to sort of make a guess at what it might be to end up with the right power at the atty. In reality even with a fresh off the charger battery you'd never hit 35W with that build, with a great battery and a copper hybrid mod you might get close but not quite. It might be a good idea to get yourself an inline volt meter if you want to see exactly where you're at with it for your first few builds. It will tell you what your voltage is under load then with ohms law, or again with steamengine, you can work out how much power you're getting at the atty.

Yes those numbers make sense apart from the obvious typo's. Steamengine is great but it doesn't make allowances for volt drop due to either the batteries internal resistance or the resistance of the mod, we have to sort of make a guess at what it might be to end up with the right power at the atty. In reality even with a fresh off the charger battery you'd never hit 35W with that build, with a great battery and a copper hybrid mod you might get close but not quite. It might be a good idea to get yourself an inline volt meter if you want to see exactly where you're at with it for your first few builds. It will tell you what your voltage is under load then with ohms law, or again with steamengine, you can work out how much power you're getting at the atty.

Thanks, so what I stated above would be a safe starting point? Off to watch some more vids.

Thanks, so what I stated above would be a safe starting point? Off to watch some more vids.

Yep, I'd say you're in the right ball park there. I wouldn't recommend going any lower than that really for your first builds, take your time and work up to it if you ever feel the need.

Yep, I'd say you're in the right ball park there. I wouldn't recommend going any lower than that really for your first builds, take your time and work up to it if you ever feel the need.

Thanks, I will probably start about 1ohm

SO would you say 1ohm was a good starting point, or lower?

Yeah, 1Ω sounds good......but, use it as a base line and try moving up or down from there, think I went straight in at ~.3/4 on a mech thinking lower must be better, right? and ended up thinking "this is what all the fuss was about" and fucked it off for along time......still don't see the appeal of clouds for clouds sake.

But love me some flavour full RDA action now!

Back
Top Bottom