What's new

Mech Mod - Should I?

viper

Achiever
Hi,

I am looking at mech mods to use with RDA tanks and can't see why I should get one? I am looking because I am interested in creating low resistance builds but now I am unsure if I should get this just for that reason only. I hadn't looked into mech mods till just now, so apologies if I asked anything daft.

thanks

Damn right you should.....You can always go to lower Ohms using a mech if you can coil your own coils...As opposed to regulated boxes where if your coil fails, you need to either go to the B+M or the internet for replacements.

Hi,

I am looking at mech mods to use with RDA tanks and can't see why I should get one? I am looking because I am interested in creating low resistance builds but now I am unsure if I should get this just for that reason only. I hadn't looked into mech mods till just now, so apologies if I asked anything daft.
thanks

A mech mod with a low resistance coil used to be the only way to achieve high wattages, but these days with 200 watt boxes the only reason to use a mech is for the love.

It's far more satisfying to build a coil in a RDA and fire it on a mech than to stick a Subtank on an iStick, if you like the idea of this then go for it.

Damn right you should.....You can always go to lower Ohms using a mech if you can coil your own coils...As opposed to regulated boxes where if your coil fails, you need to either go to the B+M or the internet for replacements.

sorry if this sounds daft but whats B+M?

I am building my own coils as I've fallen in love with RDA. Its ashame I wasted 30 quid on the Atlantis v2 not so long ago and now I don't use it as much. Got myself a velocity rda the other day and I am really like this one. But I know what you mean about the low resistance problem, I had that the other night and had to fiddle around and change the coils.

Then again these days I've seen some new mods that are coming out that can fire from 0.05ohm! So doesn't make sense to buy a mech these days?

I guess the mech isn't for me, not enough good reasons to get one unless I am wrong somewhere?

I think ill order up another rda clone instead :D

Cheers guys

sorry if this sounds daft but whats B+M?

I am building my own coils as I've fallen in love with RDA. Its ashame I wasted 30 quid on the Atlantis v2 not so long ago and now I don't use it as much. Got myself a velocity rda the other day and I am really like this one. But I know what you mean about the low resistance problem, I had that the other night and had to fiddle around and change the coils.

Then again these days I've seen some new mods that are coming out that can fire from 0.05ohm! So doesn't make sense to buy a mech these days?

I guess the mech isn't for me, not enough good reasons to get one unless I am wrong somewhere?

I think ill order up another rda clone instead :D

Cheers guys

Bricks and mortar e.g an actual shop.

As people have pointed out elsewhere there is very little to go wrong on a mech and nothing that can't be fixed. Always good to have one as a spare if nothing else.

viper it is definitely worth owning a mech or two if you use rda's and the like... ok it isn't necessary. . But... at some point a box mod or equivalent with circuitry will fail.. and be unfixable... a mech if it's well designed can work pretty indefinitely. .. so kind of future proof. . Plus which... ooh shiny...

If you are building already I would recommend getting a cheap mech just to try it out and see if you like them.
It's a different way to vape, why restrict yourself?

thanks everyone for all the juicy info!

Right okay in that case it sounds like I should at least have one mech at hand. Which would you guys recommend? As I have no clue which brand would be good. Doesn't have to be cheap just something you would recommend or buy for your ownself or are looking to get.

Can someone also recommend which coil jig is the best to get? I really should get one and make my life a bit easier. Was looking at this https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010025/1876700-arotic-dolphin-vaping-coil-winding-jig-tool-for but can't work out how it would work with the atty connected to it. The reviews are also mixed on this one. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom