What's new

Mech Battery double check

I have been Vaping now for approx 3 years and have purchased several regulated VW Mods and have also picked up a couple of low end Mech mods.

When building i have been using ohms law to check the amps im about to pull from my batteries and have been using 4.2v for the voltage.
Now my question is this if i was to take in the natural voltage drop that all devices have most mechs seem to be pulling 3.7-3.8 from the battery on the first pull from fully charged, should i change my calculations to allow for the Voltage Drop or continue to calculate from what we all refer to a freshly charged battery of 4.2v

For my mech builds i tend to build around 0.16 ohms as i find thats where i get the best warm vape and flavour from.

using 3.8v to allow for voltage drop gives me 23.75 amps with that i would be happy to use my sony VTC5A battery and get the extra millamphrs from it.

using 4.2v on the same 0.16 ohm coil gives me an amp pull of 26.25 amps with that draw from the battery i currently use som LG HB6 1500 due to them being able to draw upto 30 amps

as a conciquence i lose a fair bit of millamp hours but gain the overhead required as to not over stress my batteries and risk Venting or worse still thermal runaway

The vct5a is rated at 30amp and I use them with no issues building lower than your builds so I see no reason to use the hb6 with a .16 build mate

What @mattyk2010 said i use VTC5as and build lower than 0.16 around 0.12/0.10ohm
Also make sure your mechs contacts and threads are SUPER SUPER clean, i use these different cleaners depending on what i have to hand peek, cape cod, brasso and a i use a pencil eraser for my contacts.
Disclaimer just because i build lower folks doesn't mean any of YOU apes should, unless you know what you're doing, i know my ohms law and my battery spec's and limits.
See fogstar for all your battery needs hesa top ape and also has a POTV code floating about somewhere.

The only responsible answer to your question is to calculate based on 4.2v.
If you choose to eradicate all safety margins based on your understanding of voltage drop then that is your choice but it would not be responsible to recommend it.

The closer you are to the battery limits you are then the faster things will go wrong in an auto fire situation.
Personally I like large safety margins.

Well thanks all it is as i thought and i should continue to calculate my amps draw from the 4.2v standard we all seem to be doing.
I shall continue to use my Lg hb6 batteries for when i build to 0.16 or there abouts just to stay on the side of caution and may venture a little lower knowing im well within the limits of the battery

I would rather stay on the side of caution than become the next Headline Man blows off face with E-Cig

Back
Top Bottom