What's new

Looking for a certain wire

The alien wrap on that is 36g SS316L. The frames and the staple are Ni80 28g and 0.3. It ramps up super quick due to the Nichrome. SS316L takes longer to ramp up but it doesn’t make much of a difference when it’s used as the wrap. The cores determine the ramp up time primarily.
The SSFC has 38g fuse. When I build, my fuse/wrap wire is normally 36g or 38g. I might go 40g or 42g but never anything bigger than 36g.
Well, i have found .8*.2 flat wire which should help help a bit, but its all wrapped with 32, and all stainless, so aside from the ramp up time its just to friggin wide. I dunno if its the nichrome or the cotton but i wanna puke everytime i vape it. I have to use a stock coil as a chaser. if i could find some wrapped with 38 i could cut the size down from 1.2 mm to about 1 mm. I dunno...gonna see how this 2-28/38 and the 3-30/38 works

If you’re looking for coils with quick ramp up and heat shed then you should consider Ni80 rather than stainless (unless you are planning on using it for TC).
That had been the plan

Cool. Some people are metal tasters and can’t stand certain alloys. I’m not one so I tend to use Ni80 where I can as I like the quick ramp up.

Back
Top Bottom