What's new

Looking for a certain wire

Jd_

Achiever
Does anyone know a source where i can get a (.8*.3)/38 ? (Or however u write it, .8*.3 flat wire with a 38g wrap)

I can get (.3*.8)/32 all day long, its too wide tho

.7*.3, .8*2,.7*.2 would actually be even better

I know brochrome 25g is .6 x .27, 24g is .68 x .3that with a 32 gauge wrap would work too

Last edited:
The problem is im needing stainless steel (shouldve mentioned that)

.3*.8/32 vs 28g*2/38 , both get me high enough resistance, but trying to find a wrap size in between the 2

20200814_191748.jpg

Or how hard would it be to wrap my own, since stainless steel flat wire seems to be fairly hard to in general?

A spool of 3*30/38 would work too (cpl tanks use a counter clockwise coil,1 uses a clockwise coil, and one uses either

Last edited:
Or how hard would it be to wrap my own, since stainless steel flat wire seems to be fairly hard to in general?

A spool of 3*30/38 would work too (cpl tanks use a counter clockwise coil,1 uses a clockwise coil, and one uses either
Can’t be that hard to wrap your own. Do you have a drill and some fishing swivels?

Can’t be that hard to wrap your own. Do you have a drill and some fishing swivels?
Drill, of course, fishing swivel, nah, im sure i could get one for a few bucks tho.

Wrapping a 3-30/38 doesnt strike me as TOO hard, watched a bunch of vids, keeping the core flat seems like the hardest part. I actually found 3-30/38 prewrapped coils, like 10 for $2, 2.5 inner diameter, so id just have to widen em, not that bad. Will have to get em here before sept tho.

Wrapping flat wire tho is what i think seems hard. I see a definite possibilty of getting cut, badly, lol. And ending up with the core twisting

It’s tricky at first but don’t be daunted. Even the most complex builds can be learnt with some patience. I don’t know why but builds with vertical ribbon wire seem to pop flavours more than any others I’ve tried so I think you’re on the right track. Here’s a SSFC I built that smashed every prebuilt spool coil I ever used for flavour:
e56drIx.jpg

and this is the fralien that smashed that:
j1IZK5R.jpg

Good luck!

The alien wrap on that is 36g SS316L. The frames and the staple are Ni80 28g and 0.3. It ramps up super quick due to the Nichrome. SS316L takes longer to ramp up but it doesn’t make much of a difference when it’s used as the wrap. The cores determine the ramp up time primarily.
The SSFC has 38g fuse. When I build, my fuse/wrap wire is normally 36g or 38g. I might go 40g or 42g but never anything bigger than 36g.

If you’re looking for coils with quick ramp up and heat shed then you should consider Ni80 rather than stainless (unless you are planning on using it for TC).

Back
Top Bottom