What's new

Likely does it smell like its burning?

Mission_uk

Hey everyone
just did my first rebuild on somthin simple rda octipus
I used nichorome 0.20 and 1mm ekowool silica

Its comes up as 2.4 ohms on my evic put plent of juice on,but when I fire it up it smells really bad like a proper burning smell,,did three builds all the same

Am I doing somthin worng? Or am I missing somthing

Any advice...cheers

Hey everyone
just did my first rebuild on somthin simple rda octipus
I used nichorome 0.20 and 1mm ekowool silica

Its comes up as 2.4 ohms on my evic put plent of juice on,but when I fire it up it smells really bad like a proper burning smell,,did three builds all the same

Am I doing somthin worng? Or am I missing somthing

Any advice...cheers

it shouldn't be burning ( obviously or you wouldn't be mentioning it ) may I ask what wattage/voltage you are using?

Thanks for your reply ..I had it set to 3.8w on my evic..Not sure why but it's a proper nasty burning smell

Any chance you could take a photo so we can take a look at what's going on?

ok i have tryed 2 more times to rebuild..but the same thing, tryed various juices but that same nasty burning smell..and im runing out of wick grrrr...just made my first juices was well excited to try them out on the dripper :banghead:
heres some pics

if anyone has any idea or advice :)

I cant see anything wrong with that coil at all?? I have zero experience with ekowool silica, but that's probably nothing to do with it? Pretty sure someone who knows what they are doing a bit more will be along ASAP to help you sort it. :)

I tell you what I think it is ....

Mission .. if you like I could send you some different wick .. and you can try that see if you get the same thing?

Id be interested to know .. from a personal experiment point of view. Ive had similar experiences with Ecowool .. and am starting to wonder if there are a: two kinds or b: its a bit emporers new clothes

I tell you what I think it is ....

Mission .. if you like I could send you some different wick .. and you can try that see if you get the same thing?

Id be interested to know .. from a personal experiment point of view. Ive had similar experiences with Ecowool .. and am starting to wonder if there are a: two kinds or b: its a bit emporers new clothes

Thats the only thing I could think of...the ekowool! Coil is perfect . Didn't want to say as like I said no experience with ekowool. :)

Thanks guys ..@ ZT can I take you u up on your offer please will apppreciate it.. If you could send me a Pm that would be Great

Back
Top Bottom