What's new

Leaky Drone

Dezy

Postman
Hi

My LV drone was leaking from what I presumed was the squonk pipe, so I replaced the pipe only to find it was still leaking. After leaving the top off to find the leak I have figured out that the leak only seems to be when the 510 gets hot and then it seems to piss out from the bottom of the 510.

Any ideas on the cause or a fix ?

Don't know if your using the New 250c DNA Drone or the Older One but think it was the Older one that had a problem with the pipe bend just under the 510. Think there was a fix for it and sure it was MikeVapes who showed the fix for it. It was a while back but will post it here if i come across it on my travels. I have the Original one and no problems with it so far apart from a crap squonk bottle that i need to replace.

I think i saw one where they took the pipe bend joint out and put the pipe direct to the 510 but not 100% sure. Just looked at my original and it doesn't have that joint on it.

just going to look at fixes now

lvdrone.jpg

lvdrone2.jpg

Hope you sort it because they are a good mod.

even if I have to pay for it mate , best mod I have ever owned, going to give the repair centre a call later and see if they can send me a new 510 , or if they know of another 510 that will fit etc.

Not done much soldering, but looks simple enough for me to do.

Well near three hours after I started ...
Unsoldered the 510 and resoldered a new one (out of my comfort zone), but the hard part was .. it still bloody leaked, so I inspected the old one and noticed a lot of play in it, if you put pressure on the bottom of the 510, you could literally move the small squonk pipe side to side, So if the wire or tube were pulling on the bottom of the 510 this could cause a leak.. So yet again the drone came back apart and I did notice some resistance from the tube, it was pulling it forward. so three attempts to cut the tube and feed it in a way that does not pull on the 510.

well, fingers crossed but I think I have a dry drone!

Hope it's finally sorted for you because they are a really great mod, the only thing i didn't like about mine was the Bottle but changed that for a Silicon One and i love it to bits, it's DNA but not the newer 250c.

Nothing new, they all end this way. apart from the old heavy DNA166 ones. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom