What's new

KTS+ Firing button problems.

Doc_Gonzo

Postman
Hey all!
So, I received my KTS+ from Fasttech today and the firing button is stuck. I know you can turn it to lock it and stop it from firing in your pocket. The problem is that it arrived locked and won't unscrew so I can fire the bloody thing! Turning the thing clockwise just unscrews the whole button from the body. I've taken the button off the body and using a set of grips, tried in vain to unscrew the locking mechanism. It just isn't happening! The bit that is supposed to turn, does actually move with a fair bit of force applied but it doesn't move down to allow firing.
I've opened a ticket with Fasttech but don't really want to wait another 2 weeks for this to get sorted out. Does anyone know if this button can be bough separately, elsewhere, preferably in the UK?

Is it by chance that it has left hand threading on the locking mechanism?

screw it out altogether and get a small pair of pliers and twist the knurled ring.
this happened to me when my mate over tightened mine the other day.
be carefull as there is a small screw inside

Is it by chance that it has left hand threading on the locking mechanism?

It's possible. . . . but I tried it each way and couldn't get it to move.

screw it out altogether and get a small pair of pliers and twist the knurled ring.
this happened to me when my mate over tightened mine the other day.
be carefull as there is a small screw inside

That's exactly what I did. I used a pair of locking grips to hold the top end of the screw and another smaller set to try turning the knurled bit each way. It shifted a little bit but didn't move down :(

Back
Top Bottom