What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

KFL clone, is really testing me now

I never noticed this thread and I kind of skipped though it a bit, I see you mentioned using a dremel tool, did you ever do this?

I had the exact issues with my KF and so did my OH, dry hits after a few hits, covered the air hole, dry pulled to get the juice back into the well and rinse and repeat. I finally had enough and just got my dremel tool out and lightly took to the juice channels. Only shaved off a minute amount and GOD DAM the difference it made. My Kayfun now works like a dream, I have not had a dry hit on it since, I've run all sorts though it, PG heavy, VG heavy 50/50 and not a single dry hit nor a flooding issue.

My OH loves custard juices, these are usually thicker juices, her dry hits where happening all the time, and she was getting the hump with hers also. Dremel to the rescue.

Both out KFs work a treat now.

I can honestly say, I've rebuilt and changed juice in mine 20+ times and each time it just works flawlessly.

If you're at the end of you're tether and you are thinking of throwing in the towel, my last suggestion before giving up is try using a dremel tool. You got nothing to loose now. :)

Well looks like iv got another on its way which is great :) will give me a chance to compare and try to figure out what the hell is different (if anything noticeable).

The outcome of that last test was it started out well but by the next day it was back to pants again, im almost 100% sure there just is not enough juice getting through.

If when i get this second kfl and the channels look larger i think i shall see what a dremel costs cos really no point buying a dremel if it cost more than the kfl , although i have been thinking i might do my VTR to fit the kfl.

to be honest i think ive only bought 2 mods from them,....mostly pre mades etc

what im more puzzled by is why i made the post in this thread?.....baffled :(

@JackDinn I have just read through this thread with intrest. I do not think I have seen it mentioned but have you tried using a different flavoured liquid other than the Caramel? If not then I would suggest trying something else to eliminate it not being the liquid being the cause. Not that you cannot use Caramel in it, but if you do I would be tempted to give a couple of sucks before firing the mod.Also give it two or three quick fires first before drawing on it. You will get a natural build up of crystalisation on the coil with any sweet liquid.Bang the power straight on and it will burn, you need to just melt it back again gently. Just a thought.

u8myufo

Hi, thx for the suggestions , i always do prime the wick via saturating it while the chamber is off & i give it a good few sucks before firing, i also have tried covering the air hole and giving it a good hard suck (all this sounds really good ^^) in fact when vaping i do get bubbles occasionally (not after every draw though) i have never had it flood , i cant even flood it if i try (i just tied covering the hole and sucking for my life several times, no flooding ).

I could change the flavor but i used to use cherry when i first got it and it was still burning just i couldn't taste it particularly but when the vape started dyeing within a few hours and i checked the wick it was burned the same as with caramel.

I have had a couple of good builds , well the seemed good , tasted nice and quite a bit of vape but the never last more than 12 hours and the "good builds" are very far and few between :(

@u8myufo

Hi, thx for the suggestions , i always do prime the wick via saturating it while the chamber is off & i give it a good few sucks before firing, i also have tried covering the air hole and giving it a good hard suck (all this sounds really good ^^) in fact when vaping i do get bubbles occasionally (not after every draw though) i have never had it flood , i cant even flood it if i try (i just tied covering the hole and sucking for my life several times, no flooding ).

I could change the flavor but i used to use cherry when i first got it and it was still burning just i couldn't taste it particularly but when the vape started dyeing within a few hours and i checked the wick it was burned the same as with caramel.

I have had a couple of good builds , well the seemed good , tasted nice and quite a bit of vape but the never last more than 12 hours and the "good builds" are very far and few between :(

Ok M8 no worries, let us know how you get on in comparing against the other one.

I received another KFL from Mr.Motivapr yesterday , it only took a couple of days (great service).

I have had the chance to vape on it over-night and it is such a massive improvement that i shall not be looking back i can finally sit , vape & enjoy the flavors without worry :D

The comparison between the 2 shows that my other kfl does indeed have narrower & shallower channels both on the bottom deck and up the threads, so defo looks like this was a case of a bad clone.

I Might take a dremel to the old one at some point but for now im going to give the workbench a break for a few days and just enjoy the vape , besides i spent so much time building and re-building in the last few weeks i must have nearly 100 coils that iv built that are perfectly good and luckily i kept them all :)

A big thank you goes out to Mr.Motivapr for sending me just what i needed, at a good price and double checking it for me too, saved me taking another lucky dip on ebay :D

I received another KFL from Mr.Motivapr yesterday , it only took a couple of days (great service).

I have had the chance to vape on it over-night and it is such a massive improvement that i shall not be looking back i can finally sit , vape & enjoy the flavors without worry :D

The comparison between the 2 shows that my other kfl does indeed have narrower & shallower channels both on the bottom deck and up the threads, so defo looks like this was a case of a bad clone.

I Might take a dremel to the old one at some point but for now im going to give the workbench a break for a few days and just enjoy the vape , besides i spent so much time building and re-building in the last few weeks i must have nearly 100 coils that iv built that are perfectly good and luckily i kept them all :)

A big thank you goes out to Mr.Motivapr for sending me just what i needed, at a good price and double checking it for me too, saved me taking another lucky dip on ebay :D

Your most welcome mate, my pleasure.

Glad your happy with it.

The Kayfun Lite is an awesome device

Back
Top Bottom