What's new

KFL clone, is really testing me now

Sorry mate, totally didn't read the thread before asking, serves me right for being lazy :p

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I must have built 40 or 60 different builds now

At this point you're either repeating the same mistake over & over or it's a shit device. That's a lot of attempts & when i had one of these my first build worked straight off the cuff, same technique. I know the kfl can be a bit tricky sometimes but it's not quite that complicated. I don't get this, why it's so problematic & i would have binned it ages ago.

Have you thought about maybe sending it to someone who is a kayfun regular & then see what they can do with it ? Look for a volunteer on the planet.

Have you thought about maybe sending it to someone who is a kayfun regular & then see what they can do with it ? Look for a volunteer on the planet.

Thought about it ! id give my right arm (na maybe my left, i vape with my right) if i could have a guru vaper to say "here what crap do you make of this" but unfortunately i dont , i live in the middle of nowhere and really dont feel like posting it out somewhere for the week but i am determined i WILL figure this out :( , as i'v said i'v watched most of the vids and they just throw them together, it just should not be this hard.

I'm wondering if its a juice flow problem , maybe i should get a dremal and go over the channels a bit, really not sure.

Thought about it ! id give my right arm (na maybe my left, i vape with my right) if i could have a guru vaper to say "here what crap do you make of this" but unfortunately i dont , i live in the middle of nowhere and really dont feel like posting it out somewhere for the week but i am determined i WILL figure this out :( , as i'v said i'v watched most of the vids and they just throw them together, it just should not be this hard.

I'm wondering if its a juice flow problem , maybe i should get a dremal and go over the channels a bit, really not sure.

I wouldn't take a dremel to it just yet.
I have heard people with a lot of flooding issues and once you've done it you can't well, undremel it :)

As vaporsizer said my first build worked and so has every one since so may just be a naff device.

If you want a kayfun "guru" to check it I use mine everyday and would be more than happy to build it up and get it working or on the other hand confirm it's fecked :)

I wouldn't take a dremel to it just yet.
I have heard people with a lot of flooding issues and once you've done it you can't well, undremel it :)

As @vaporsizer said my first build worked and so has every one since so may just be a naff device.

If you want a kayfun "guru" to check it I use mine everyday and would be more than happy to build it up and get it working or on the other hand confirm it's fecked :)

I appreciate the offer and its possible i may take you up on it but on the other hand it was only £20 odd notes maybe just buy another. Thing really is annoying though as i have spent nearly a grand in the last 6 months since i started vaping and i promised myself this would be the last mod for a good long while and if i did id have to get a more expensive one i suspect but there are so many clones and i dunno.

Also i just dont see how mine is any different to any other , iv studied close up pics of other KFL's and i just cant see why/how getting another makes any difference , mines got no air leaks, blockages, bad electrical contacts etc

Wish it had a glass chamber so i could see what was going on in there :(

If i decided to get another would you chaps be able to point to something in the UK that defiantly works and pref is not to expensive ?

I appreciate the offer and its possible i may take you up on it but on the other hand it was only £20 odd notes maybe just buy another. Thing really is annoying though as i have spent nearly a grand in the last 6 months since i started vaping and i promised myself this would be the last mod for a good long while and if i did id have to get a more expensive one i suspect but there are so many clones and i dunno.

Also i just dont see how mine is any different to any other , iv studied close up pics of other KFL's and i just cant see why/how getting another makes any difference , mines got no air leaks, blockages, bad electrical contacts etc

Wish it had a glass chamber so i could see what was going on in there :(

If i decided to get another would you chaps be able to point to something in the UK that defiantly works and pref is not to expensive ?

If you ever want a better one it's worth remembering this. The kayfun was a success but it has its flaws & since it was born there have been other designers producing atties of the same basic design but with refinements. I had a good kfl & i kept mine for a week because although the vape was good i hated that if you get it wrong a bit there was always going to be a waste of liquid & maybe wire, couldn't be doing with that & i wouldn't have another but that's just me & i don't own any tanks now so i might be an oddball.
Just check this thread - http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...287-gamma-marilyn-titanium-tank-atomizer.html - from just yesterday. That one got my interest & it looks to offer the same kind of vape or better & with those design tweaks. Add to that it isn't an attempted copy but a more an evolution on a template, that to me is a way forward.

Don't misunderstand me there, i'm not saying to give up on your atty but i'm looking at you current spend total & the number of failed attempts & i'm thinking like, that's a fair old sum to throw out on gear to top it with a £20 ebay job. Just saying.

There is a good KFL in the classies at the mo, looks nice & i was tempted.

nice tank , did i see £160 ish ^^

Iv had an offer for a double checked new kfl from a member here for what i paid for my current one, i shall prob just stick with that besides im pretty new to RBA's and like the amount of spares and extras for the KF (even if it does make things a bit of a loto sometimes) and that would also give me 2 kfl's so spares from this one.

Anyhow , time to see how this current build is doing. Its actually been ok a slight burny taste here and there. However even if this build is fine it not a very good success rate (1/50) lol, unless it is some stupid thing iv been doing wrong all of this time but i seriously couldn't think what, we shall see fingers crossed.

Ok iv just about had enough of this kfl clone now , i cant say i didn't try (been trying really hard to figure it for weeks, just is not getting enough juice flow) so does anyone have a good source that they have brought and know work as although i do have an offer iv not heard anything just yet and i really want a new kfl+ asap.

Any links gladly appreciated :) (cheep is fine just as long as it works).

EDIT:- just contacted by the member who was helping me out, :) posted 2 mins to soon.

Last edited:
I never noticed this thread and I kind of skipped though it a bit, I see you mentioned using a dremel tool, did you ever do this?

I had the exact issues with my KF and so did my OH, dry hits after a few hits, covered the air hole, dry pulled to get the juice back into the well and rinse and repeat. I finally had enough and just got my dremel tool out and lightly took to the juice channels. Only shaved off a minute amount and GOD DAM the difference it made. My Kayfun now works like a dream, I have not had a dry hit on it since, I've run all sorts though it, PG heavy, VG heavy 50/50 and not a single dry hit nor a flooding issue.

My OH loves custard juices, these are usually thicker juices, her dry hits where happening all the time, and she was getting the hump with hers also. Dremel to the rescue.

Both out KFs work a treat now.

I can honestly say, I've rebuilt and changed juice in mine 20+ times and each time it just works flawlessly.

If you're at the end of you're tether and you are thinking of throwing in the towel, my last suggestion before giving up is try using a dremel tool. You got nothing to loose now. :)

nice tank , did i see £160 ish ^^

Iv had an offer for a double checked new kfl from a member here for what i paid for my current one, i shall prob just stick with that besides im pretty new to RBA's and like the amount of spares and extras for the KF (even if it does make things a bit of a loto sometimes) and that would also give me 2 kfl's so spares from this one.

Anyhow , time to see how this current build is doing. Its actually been ok a slight burny taste here and there. However even if this build is fine it not a very good success rate (1/50) lol, unless it is some stupid thing iv been doing wrong all of this time but i seriously couldn't think what, we shall see fingers crossed.

It was this one, still there but i guess you're sorted now. http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...les-for-sale_538/41289-kayfun-lite-5-off.html

Back
Top Bottom