What's new

KFL clone, is really testing me now

Can i ask , is it supposed to bubble after each good vape , mine does bubble if i "prime" suck on it but in general usage i hardly ever see bubbles , certainly not after each puff, I maybe get once every 5 ?

Well i had some problems taking vid or photos of such small things (iv not got a lot to use for the job) however i think i might (and thats a big might ) have sused it, i think it was the comment that said "get what you think is about the right amount of cotton and then half it" . Iv re-wicked my current coil with a real thin piece of cotton , in fact it just looked ridicules. I bulked out the deck area with a little extra cotton and it seems to be working, tastes great , not flooded yet, or burned.

Think next time i shall loop it down along the deck and back up the other side to lay across itself just before it goes into the coil, this should give it a little more bulk as it just seems far far to thin to act as the juice wick and it wouldn't hold hardly any as reservoir as a single length.

I see all the videos though that look like they have loads of cotton , they feed it through the coil and cut it and its like a bush of cotton sticking out of each side.

Quite befuddled but meh :)

We shall see, thx all.

Well i had some problems taking vid or photos of such small things (iv not got a lot to use for the job) however i think i might (and thats a big might ) have sused it, i think it was the comment that said "get what you think is about the right amount of cotton and then half it" . Iv re-wicked my current coil with a real thin piece of cotton , in fact it just looked ridicules. I bulked out the deck area with a little extra cotton and it seems to be working, tastes great , not flooded yet, or burned.

Think next time i shall loop it down along the deck and back up the other side to lay across itself just before it goes into the coil, this should give it a little more bulk as it just seems far far to thin to act as the juice wick and it wouldn't hold hardly any as reservoir as a single length.

I see all the videos though that look like they have loads of cotton , they feed it through the coil and cut it and its like a bush of cotton sticking out of each side.

Quite befuddled but meh :)

We shall see, thx all.

Hi mate,

You do not need to "bulk out the deck area" buddy.

Just a single wick through the coil and resting on the lower deck, not blocking the juice channels.

The only devices which can benefit from the deck full of cotton is drippers.

Easiest way is get a few inches long, rather thin wick, but make sure it's nice and fluffy.

Bring up each side of the wick to make a U shape and then screw the lower chimney on.

Cut the wick flush with the lower chimney and then tuck each down and it will rest just above the juice channels.

Add 3-5 drops of juice and give it a test fire.

Then screw the top of the chimney followed by the tank, and finally top cap, then fill.

My Kayfun was the cheapest FT one, cost about £9 delivered.

No whistles, no leaks, and no dry hits.

The above is true with all my juices, even with 70 / 30 VG PG.

Good luck bud :)

A classic way.

ClickHandler.ashx

Hi,

Well iv been doing my best to document and here is a couple of examples.

This was my attempt at an exact copy of a build shown in a link above on this thread.
2014-06-05 08.59.39.jpg2014-06-05 09.00.36.jpg2014-06-05 09.00.10.jpg

And next day it looks like this
2014-06-06 22.13.54.jpg2014-06-06 22.12.21.jpg

Another build ended looking like this in just a few hours
2014-06-07 21.41.58.jpg

I documented another new build yesterday, gone for a diagonal coil this time :) which im still vaping atm but will take a pic as soon as this tank is finished.
2014-06-07 22.19.48.jpg2014-06-07 22.26.25.jpg 10 turns/0.31mm kanthal/1.5mm diam/1.3 ohms (ignore resistance measurement device its crap, need a new one, use VTR to measure atm).

I always make 100% sure the juice channel holes are not obstructed , i usually check i can see light when looking down the chamber before putting on the chimney.

I shall post later tonight and we shall see how this build looks but it started out tasting really great but now its burny-burny-burny :(

EDIT:- O yea and ALL of these tests are vaped at 3V , never above on any of them.

Attachments

• 2014-06-06 22.13.37.jpg
    2014-06-06 22.13.37.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 69
  • 2014-06-07 21.42.29.jpg
    2014-06-07 21.42.29.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Have you pulled the coil up to allow airflow between the air hole and the coil.

Also have you tried pushing a bit of wire through the airhole to make sure there's no swarf in there?

Have you pulled the coil up to allow airflow between the air hole and the coil.

Also have you tried pushing a bit of wire through the airhole to make sure there's no swarf in there?

Yea, iv built one coil so high it almost touched the chimney cover. The air-flow is fine, no blockages and is as open as i can get it in fact iv removed the adjuster all together for an extra little bit plus it was whistling a bit.

Silly question, but are you putting juice on the coil/wick before building the rest of the RBA up? Sounds like your firing it with a dry wick?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Silly question, but are you putting juice on the coil/wick before building the rest of the RBA up? Sounds like your firing it with a dry wick?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

My "before use" build pics look pretty wet :P

Yea :-/ , i know these questions need to be asked.

Back
Top Bottom