What's new

KFL clone, is really testing me now

JackDinn

Postman
Hi,

So i got my KFL Russian 98% a couple of weeks ago now and all i get is a burned taste (yea you have all heard it before). I must have built 40 or 60 different builds now ,

• Kanthal from 0.32mm to 0.15
  • coil diameter from 1.5mm to 3mm
  • coil resistance from 1.2 to 4 ohms
  • wick (always boiled cotton) from extremely loose to twisted tight
  • Wick very fine across the deck to thick on deck (always sure to not block up channel holes)
But every time it tastes burned (using caramel so i can easily taste the burning) and when i open it after a couple of hours the wick is always brown (burned) down one side and on top (not always the same side though).

Pulling my hair out now :(

Its got to be something with this cheep kayfun clone i got but what ?
How do i know if the channels need dremaling out a bit so the juice can keep up?
Why does my coil seem so close to the top of the chamber , almost flush with the chambers top and touching the chimney lid ? is my chamber shorter than it should be? The top of my chamber (not chimney) is exactly half way up the plastic tank section but others iv seen the chamber goes all the wy up and you an hardly see the beginning of the chimney lid. Is the lid being so close to the coil kinda "bouncing the heat" back down and burning the wick as the wick is always burned on top?

I suspect it's the channels and the juice flow just cant keep up but im not sure.

I suppose thats what you get for buying a £22 kayfun, might even just buy another if i cant figure this one.

So please any advise would be great (although keep in mind iv watched just about all the vids and read all the help available).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Maybe put some pics up of your build so others may help more that's the only advice I can give as my kayfun lite is still in its box

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Maybe put some pics up of your build so others may help more that's the only advice I can give as my kayfun lite is still in its box

Sure, will do. Just testing yet another build atm (0.25 kan, .2mm coil, 1.8ohms, light wick, heavy deck wading) .

I shall start documenting each build before and after.

Sure, will do. Just testing yet another build atm (0.25 kan, .2mm coil, 1.8ohms, light wick, heavy deck wading) .

I shall start documenting each build before and after.

Just out of interest where did you get the kayfun from? Also have a look here http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=40647
Hope this helps some I have some other threads saved so will have a look for you

Last edited:
Just out of interest where did you get the kayfun from? Also have a look here http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/f...n-builds-a-trick-i-found-that-might-help.html
Hope this helps some I have some other threads saved so will have a look for you

Yea great read , thx. Interesting ideas especially interested in the wick amount but i have used so little wick on some of my builds that when i open them up again the wick is not even touching the top of the coil i.e. it had sagged down and left a gap between the top of the coil and the wick ^^ , so iv certainly tried less wick.

As i say i shall document as i go :)

What juice are you using, ie the pg and vg ratio? I've had similar issues with my fellas KFL, and the problem is deffo the juice. I DIY my juice, Mark prefers 50/50 but I prefer 60pg 40vg, if he uses one of my preferred flavours it works fine, but put his 50/50 into his KFL with exactly the same coil and wick and he gets nothing but burnt hits x

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Yea great read , thx. Interesting ideas especially interested in the wick amount but i have used so little wick on some of my builds that when i open them up again the wick is not even touching the top of the coil i.e. it had sagged down and left a gap between the top of the coil and the wick ^^ , so iv certainly tried less wick.

As i say i shall document as i go :)

No worries pal I have saved this thread to my favourites as you might end up helping me out by documenting your build

Back
Top Bottom