What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Kayfun lite leaking?

I watched a couple of videos on how to wick a KFL, 3 weeks after getting mine! To my horror I discovered I'd been doing it all wrong! I thought I would try it the 'right' way-I'm now back to doing it my way.... I have 4 tails that I cut to the length of the 1st bit of the chimney and then poke them down so they lay across channel where the juice comes In at the Bottom-works a lot better for me and no leaks or flooding and plenty of flavour? Anyone else do it this way.....

It really doesnt need all the fancy schmansy. One 2ml piece .. folded coils wrapped round then trimmed to the length of the chimney and put in using tweezers .. works every time for me

these things despite what you see really dont need the wick to be wrapped around a unicorns horn then then coiled in the shape of a snake while uttering the threefold law of return under your breath to work .. its all bollocks :)

keep it simple .. and it will work

Nobody has ever complained that I suck too hard ;) I don't know anyone local that has one, there aren't that many vapers down this way. I might just drop cloud9 an email and see if they know of anything else that I can try. As I said I really love it, but whilst no being top dollar it was expencive enough for this to mildly annoy me!

I still dont get it .. you sure you aint overfilling Michelle (not being disparaging!)

Just had a lovely email chat with Keith from cloud 9. He said it is a know issue and there is no fix as yet. His suggestion was to make sure the fill screw was dry before inserting and make sure the screw is a tight as it possibly can be. Brilliant, fast service as always from cloud 9. He also said it was something that jiggled him too so it's nice to know that he has been having the same issue. As I've said it's really not a major problem, just a minor annoyance. I really do love my kfl!

If it's leaking from the fill screw then there is a problem with the seal between the screw and the hole it screws into. It literally can't be anything else. the threading is too big, the screw is too small, the threading on either the screw or the screw hole is damaged.

If you keep screwing the screw in as tight as you possibly can then over time you'll either enlarge the screw hole, or damage some of the threading on it somewhere and the problem will slowly get worse.

Maybe using a different material for the screw might help(?) Can you even get rubbery screws? Might turn out to be a foible of the KFL you just have to live with maybe?

Back
Top Bottom